Rent Assistance

Blair County rental assistance programs.

There is help available for people who are having a hard time paying their rent in Blair County. Both government and privately funded grants are used to help people who are homeless. There are programs that can help you if you’re struggling to pay rent. There are resources available to help the homeless with security deposits, moving expenses, and utility connection fees.

If an agency in Blair County can’t help a person due to lack of funds or the person is unqualified, the agency will give referrals to other agencies that might be able to help. there is not enough money to help everyone who needs it. – When all other options have been exhausted, someone may have to take out a loan, seek legal aid, or find transitional housing.

The Salvation Army may be able to provide financial aid in a crisis, including help with rent, utility bills, and other household needs.

The St. Vincent de Paul location in Altoona, Pennsylvania provides limited short-term rent assistance to those in need. The phone number for the location is 814-943-1981.

The Salvation Army Tyrone address is 908 Pennsylvania Avenue, Tyrone, PA 16686 and the intake number is 814-684-1664. The Salvation Army assists the working poor with food, clothing, utility assistance, and other services. Some programs offer financial assistance for security deposits or rent, while others provide access to cold weather shelters or advice. They also help families with children, including single mothers, or seniors with rental and other financial needs.

The Blair Senior Services, Inc. is a financial assistance program for low income elderly and senior citizens in Blair County, Pennsylvania. The HAP program provides financial assistance for rent, heating bills, and other expenses to seniors.

Call 814-231-2692

The Blair County Emergency Shelter Allowance (ESA) provides government grants to eligible individuals and families to help with the cost of shelter. The address for the County Assistance Office is 1100 Green Avenue, Altoona, Pennsylvania 16601-34408. The phone number for the office is 866-812-3341. They help people who don’t have a home or who are going to lose their home. There is help for finding long term, permanent housing, paying back rent, counseling, and shelter.

The Catholic Charities of the Diocese of Altoona-Johnstown is an organization that provides assistance to those in need within the community. Some of the services they offer include food pantries, soup kitchens, and clothing banks. They also provide services such as case management, rent and utility assistance, and referrals to other community resources.

This includes a transitional housing program as well as a shelter. They also provide clothing and other needs. The Blair County Community Action Homeless Program helps the working poor and homeless by providing transitional housing and a shelter, as well as clothing and other necessities. There are loans available to help pay for rent or a security deposit, extended shelter, job placement, and other services.

is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides rehabilitation services to low-income homeowners Improved Dwellings for Altoona, Inc. is a nonprofit that helps low-income homeowners by providing rehabilitation services. The Integrated Development Association (IDA) manages subsidized housing in Altoona, Pennsylvania. Some apartments have lower rents to help people who may have a lower income, or who are seniors, or who have a disability, or who receive SSI benefits.

The Section 8 program is a federally funded program that assists low-income families in obtaining quality, safe and sanitary housing. The Altoona Housing Authority Section 8 program provides housing vouchers to low-income families to help them afford quality, safe and sanitary housing. The program is funded by the federal government. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. Vouchers provide financial assistance for housing to those who need it most, including disabled people, very-low income families, single parents, or senior citizens.

If you are facing an illegal lockout or eviction, sheriff sale, or public housing eviction proceeding, MidPenn Legal Services can help. They provide advice and direct low income clients to resources. Call 800-326-9177. Some government programs provide financial assistance to help people with their rent, mortgage, or other expenses.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *