How to stretch your CalFresh food budget in Contra Costa County
If you live in Contra Costa County and are on CalFresh (also known as SNAP or food stamps), there are ways you can save money and stretch your food budget.
Here are some tips:
1. Plan your meals in advance. This will help you to know what you need to buy and will also help you to avoid impulse purchases.
2. Buy in bulk. This can help you to save money on items that you use frequently.
3. Compare prices. Take the time to compare prices at different stores before you make your purchases.
4. Use coupons. Be on the lookout for coupons that can help you save money on your groceries.
5. Buy generic brands. In many cases, generic brands are just as good as the name brand products but are much cheaper.
following these tips can help you to save money and stretch your food budget. Try to implement one or two of these tips each week and see how much you can save!
recipes to try if you’re on CalFresh in Contra Costa County
There are many delicious recipes that can be made with CalFresh benefits in Contra Costa County. Here are just a few ideas to get you started:
-Chicken and rice is a classic dish that can be easily made with CalFresh benefits. Simply cook some rice and chicken in a pot and add your favorite seasonings.
-Beans and rice is another fantastic option that is both affordable and filling. Simply cook some rice and beans in a pot and add your favorite seasonings.
-A delicious and healthy option is to make a stir fry with vegetables and CalFresh benefits. Simply cook some rice or noodles and add in your favorite vegetables.
-For a sweet treat, you can make a fruit salad with CalFresh benefits. Simply mix together your favorite fruits and add a bit of sugar or honey to taste.
-You can also use CalFresh benefits to make a classic PB&J sandwich. Simply spread some peanut butter and jelly on bread and enjoy!
tips for living healthy on CalFresh in Contra Costa County
Assuming you are asking for tips on how to live healthy while relying on CalFresh benefits in Contra Costa County:
1. Make a budget and stick to it. Knowing how much money you have to spend each week on groceries will help you make healthy choices while staying within your budget.
2. Plan your meals in advance. This will help you make sure you have all the ingredients you need on hand to make healthy meals, and will also help you avoid impulse purchases of unhealthy foods.
3. Shop at farmers markets and local produce stands. Not only will you be supporting local businesses, but you’ll also be getting fresher, healthier food.
4. Take advantage of CalFresh’s Healthy Living Program. This program provides nutrition education and cooking classes to help recipients make healthy choices on a budget.
5. Get active! Walking, biking, and participating in other forms of exercise are great ways to stay healthy and save money on transportation costs.
How to make the most of CalFresh in Contra Costa County
If you live in Contra Costa County and are struggling to put food on the table, you may be eligible for CalFresh, also known as the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP). CalFresh can help you stretch your food budget and put healthy and nutritious food on the table. Here are some tips for making the most of CalFresh in Contra Costa County:
1. Use the CalFresh pre-screening tool to see if you are eligible for benefits.
2. If you are eligible, apply for CalFresh benefits online or in person at your local county office.
3. Once you receive your CalFresh EBT card, you can use it to purchase food at participating stores.
4. Be sure to budget for your food needs each month, as your CalFresh benefits will be deposited into your account on a fixed schedule.
5. Use your CalFresh benefits to purchase healthy and nutritious foods. Consult the CalFresh Healthy Shopping List for ideas.
6. If you have any questions about using your CalFresh benefits, contact your local county office or the CalFresh Helpline at 1-877-847-3663.
things you didn’t know about CalFresh in Contra Costa County
There are many things that people don’t know about CalFresh, also known as the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), in Contra Costa County. For example, did you know that:
-CalFresh can help low-income households buy nutritious food
-CalFresh benefits can be used to buy food at most grocery stores, farmer’s markets, and some convenience stores
-CalFresh benefits are issued via an Electronic Benefits Transfer (EBT) card, which can be used just like a debit card
-CalFresh benefits can be used to buy seeds and plants, which can help households grow their own food
-CalFresh households can also receive free nutrition education, which can help them learn how to cook healthy meals on a budget
If you or someone you know is struggling to put food on the table, CalFresh may be able to help. For more information, please visit the Contra Costa County Human Services website or call 1-800- 283-9000.