How to make the most of your California P-EBT for summer 2021
If you’re one of the nearly 4 million eligible Californians who receive the CalFresh food benefit, you may also be getting an extra $365 per child in your household to help pay for food this summer.
The Pandemic-EBT (P-EBT) Summer Meals Program is a new benefit for eligible families with children who would normally receive free or reduced-price meals at school. The benefit can be used to buy food at any store that accepts CalFresh, just like the regular CalFresh benefit.
Here are some tips to make the most of your P-EBT benefit:
1. Plan your grocery shopping around P-EBT food benefits.
2. Use your P-EBT benefit to buy healthy and affordable food for your family.
3. Use your P-EBT benefit to buy food for the entire family, not just for your children.
4. Save your P-EBT benefit for when you need it most.
5. If you have any questions about how to use your P-EBT benefit, call the CalFresh Hotline at 1-877-847-3663.
What to do with your California P-EBT money for summer 2021
Summer is a great time to get out and enjoy all that California has to offer! If you have P-EBT benefits, there are a few things you can do to make the most of your money.
Here are a few ideas for how to spend your P-EBT money in summer 2021:
1. Take a trip to the beach – California is home to some of the best beaches in the world! With your P-EBT money, you can buy a beach pass, some sunscreen, and some snacks to enjoy a day in the sun.
2. Visit a theme park – If you’re looking for some fun, why not visit one of California’s many theme parks? With your P-EBT money, you can buy a ticket and enjoy a day of rides, games, and fun.
3. Go camping – California is home to many beautiful camping spots. With your P-EBT money, you can buy a camp pass, some supplies, and enjoy a few days in nature.
4. Explore a new city – California is a big state with many different cities to explore. With your P-EBT money, you can buy a bus or train ticket and check out a new place.
5. Visit a museum – California is home to many different museums. With your P-EBT money, you can buy a ticket and learn about art, history, or science.
Whatever you decide to do with your P-EBT money, make sure to have a great summer!
How to spend your California P-EBT money for summer 2021
If your family is eligible for the California P-EBT program, you can use your P-EBT benefits to buy food for your family. Here are a few ideas on how to spend your P-EBT money this summer:
1. Visit a farmers market: Farmers markets are a great place to get fresh, local produce. P-EBT benefits can be used to buy fruits, vegetables, meat, eggs, and other products from California farmers.
2. Get groceries delivered: If going to the store is not an option, you can use your P-EBT benefits to pay for grocery delivery. This can be a great way to get the food your family needs without having to leave home.
3. Join a CSA: Community supported agriculture (CSA) programs are another way to get fresh, local food. With a CSA, you pay for a share of a farmer’s produce in advance, and then receive a box of seasonal fruits and vegetables each week. P-EBT benefits can be used to pay for a CSA share.
4. Eat out at a restaurant: P-EBT benefits can also be used to pay for meals at participating restaurants. This is a great option if you want to support a local business and enjoy a delicious meal.
5. Use your benefits to buy food for a picnic: Summer is a great time to enjoy a picnic with family and friends. P-EBT benefits can be used to buy food for your picnic, such as sandwiches, fruits, and drinks.
No matter how you spend your P-EBT benefits, the important thing is to use them to get the food your family needs. For more ideas on how to use your P-EBT benefits, visit the California P-EBT website.
ways to make the most of your California P-EBT for summer 2021
Assuming you’re referring to the CalFresh program, here are some ways to make the most of your P-EBT for summer 2021:
1. Make a budget and stick to it.
2. Use your P-EBT to buy healthy and affordable food.
3. Use your P-EBT to buy food that will last.
4. Use your P-EBT to buy food that you and your family will enjoy.
5. Use your P-EBT to save money on food.
How to save your California P-EBT money for summer 2021
If you receive CalFresh, also known as the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), you may be eligible for the California Pandemic EBT (P-EBT) program. P-EBT provides additional food benefits to eligible households with children who have lost access to free or reduced-cost school meals due to the coronavirus pandemic.
To receive P-EBT benefits, households must first apply for CalFresh. Once approved, households will receive a P-EBT card in the mail. This card can be used to purchase food at participating retailers, just like a regular CalFresh card.
P-EBT benefits are issued in two waves:
The first wave of benefits was issued in May and June 2020 and covered the months of March and April 2020.
The second wave of benefits will be issued in July and August 2020 and will cover the months of May and June 2020.
If you think you may be eligible for P-EBT benefits, be sure to apply for CalFresh as soon as possible. You can apply online at www.calfresh.ca.gov.
Once you receive your P-EBT card, you can start planning how to use your benefits. One way to stretch your P-EBT dollars is to use them to purchase summer fruits and vegetables that are in season. This can be a great way to get fresh, healthy food for your family while also saving money.
Another option is to use your P-EBT benefits to purchase food that can be stored and used later. This can be helpful if you want to stock up on non-perishable items or if you know you will have a busy summer and won’t have time to cook meals from scratch every day.
Here are some tips for using your P-EBT benefits to save money on summer food:
Plan ahead: Take some time to think about what you and your family will need and want to eat over the summer. Make a list of meals and snacks that you can make with the food you plan to purchase. This will help you stay on budget and avoid impulse buys.
Shop around: Compare prices at different stores before you make your purchase. You may find that some stores offer better deals on certain items than others.
Look for sales: Watch for sales and coupons that you can use to save money on your purchases.
Stock up: If you find a good deal on an item that you know you will use, consider buying extra to stock up. This can help you save money in the long run.
P-EBT benefits can be used to purchase food for your family at participating retailers. These benefits can help you stretch your food budget and save money over the summer. Be sure to plan ahead and look for sales to get the most for your money.