Assistance Program

Community Action Partnership of Kern County assistance programs.

If you need help overcoming difficulties, the Community Action Partnership of Kern County California may be able to assist you. This organization helps low income and less fortunate people by providing them with resources and support. They are a leading organization in this field and have a nationwide network of agencies that they work with. There are a few programs that can help with financial assistance and emergency funds.

Budgeting, financial management, saving and guidance programs

Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) is a program that is mostly run by volunteers who are highly trained. They will help families with low to moderate incomes. The organization will offer free tax preparation services, advice, and electronic filing support.

The IDA savings program helps people save money by providing them with resources to do so. If you save money, the government will give you more money. The money needs to be used to pay for a college education, help with buying a house or starting a small business. Participants will need to attend credit counseling and financial literacy workshops.

The Kern County Community Action Agency Partnership helps people save and invest money through classes and workshops. There are options for saving or investing for retirement or other long-term financial needs. There is a wealth of advice available on how to invest money in stocks, mutual funds, and other financial vehicles. There is also a great deal of information available on how to effectively manage one’s finances, including advice on how to make the most of retirement accounts such as 401Ks. Other investing tips and resources can be found online or in financial magazines. Doing some research on investment strategies can help you learn more about how to invest money wisely.

Financial aid, food and free items from Kern County Community Action

If you need assistance with food, the Community Action Partnership of Kern has a list of food banks and pantries that can help. There are over 30 local centers that distribute free food and perishable items to low income and working poor families in Kern County California. These centers help provide families with the food they need to survive and thrive. The organization provides food for those who are in need and qualify for the assistance program. A food pantry is a place where people can go to get free food. There are many food pantries in Kern County. To find a list of them, you can search online or ask your local government office.

The regional Food Bank program helps Kern County residents who struggle with hunger, providing free food and assistance with meeting nutritional needs. The program specifically aims to help children and families who are working poor or have low incomes. It helps households in need by giving them canned goods. The Food Bank provides healthy foods to thousands of kids a month through after school programs. This is known as Snack Attack.

The Back Pack Buddy Program from CAPK will provide students with free meals and snacks for the weekends and holidays, when they are not in school and can’t take advantage of free lunches at school.

Weatherization is a process in which a home is made more energy efficient by sealing windows, doors, and other openings, and adding insulation. This free service helps people save energy in their homes. Only people who live in Kern County, California and who earn less than 150% of the federal government’s poverty guidelines may be eligible for CAPK’s weatherization assistance.

When you come to apply, please bring documentation of your income, your latest bank statement, a copy of your latest energy bill, and be ready for any other required documents. This means that renters must get their landlord’s permission before signing up for energy service.

After you enroll in weatherization, a Community Action Partnership of Kern Outreach Specialist will visit your home to assess what needs to be done. After all the needed measures are installed, the process can continue accordingly. It can provide the home with a refrigerator or freezer replacement if the assessment concludes that the home qualifies, free installation of carbon monoxide detectors and smoke alarms, floor and attic insulation, a programmable thermostat, and other support.

The Federal government’s Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (HEAP) can be applied to at CAPK. The Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) helps low-income households pay their heating and cooling bills. LIHEAP is a grant that is funded by the federal government and distributed by states. Low-income households can receive help with paying their utility bills, including natural gas, kerosene, propane and electric.

The non-profit community action agency provides help with energy bills to thousands of households every year in Bakersfield and the county. This government benefit can only be used once by an applicant in a 12 month period. Only residents of Kern County who earn less than a certain amount of money each year can apply for this program. Please call (661) 336-5203.

Community Action Partnership of Kern County may offer some transportation programs. The majority of people wear masks for work or medical reasons. There may be government programs to help people get a used car for a job or for training. There are volunteers who will give rides to the elderly, disabled, and those who need to go to the hospital, but most of these services are only available in the Bakersfield area.

Resources for children from Community Action Partnership

The Friendship House is a place where children from low-income families can go to get help with their education and to have fun. They offer a lot of different services, so there is something for everyone. The resources available through the organization are varied, and include things like after-school and summer programs for kids, dental care, food distribution, medical services, and job training for people of all ages. The house provides all facilities free of charge to its occupants.

The Kern County Migrant Alternative Payment Childcare Program (MCAP) is designed to help migrant agriculturally working families in several counties afford child care services. These counties include Kern, Madera, Kings, Fresno, Tulare and Merced. MCAP provides parents with the ability to choose the type of child care that best suits their needs and preferences from a variety of local providers, including licensed childcare centers, licensed family childcare homes, schools, and in-home providers. Admission is granted based on family income, with those with the lowest income given first preference.

To qualify as an agricultural worker, an individual must work in the agricultural industry and earn at least 50% of their total gross income from employment in related industries. This can include fishing, hunting, agriculture or other employment related to farms. Also, children are covered up to 12 years of age and up to 21 years for children with special needs or disabilities. The parent needs to be employed, seeking employment, attending job training, disabled, or homeless and seeking permanent housing.

The WIC program provides supplemental food and nutrition education for new mothers, infants and children below the age of 5. It will help them to have a healthy diet and stay fit. It can also teach them about different resources and how to eat properly. Low income women who are pregnant or have young children are eligible for food and nutrition assistance through the WIC program at the Community Action Partnership of Kern. You can call this number to speak to a customer service representative.

Applying for Community Action Agency programs in Kern County

There are a variety of programs offered by local, state, and national organizations. Some shelters are offered by the non-profit and others are available through referrals. The business’s primary location is at 5005 Business Park North in Bakersfield, California. The phone number to reach them is (661) 336-5236.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *