Rent Assistance

Find help paying rent in Monmouth County.

There are a lot of different agencies in Monmouth County who can help pay for your housing expenses, like rent. There are many organizations that can help low income families and individuals, including non-profit community organizations, charities, and government agencies. The amount of money available for rent assistance is limited and there are several restrictions on who can receive it.

The main agencies to call upon for help are the police, the fire department, and the ambulance service. There will be different requirements that you must meet in order to be eligible for each one. Some organizations only offer rental assistance to senior citizens, while others focus on immigrants. If one of the Monmouth County agencies cannot help with back rent or does not have any funds or grants available, they can usually give referrals to other emergency housing programs, like shelters or transitional homes.

The Community Affairs and Resource Center has two offices in Monmouth County. One office is located in Neptune and the other is located in Freehold. There are various programs, including rental assistance and general guidance, available to help people in need. They also help people who have recently moved to the country, and those who speak Spanish. The homeless prevention service can provide money to help pay for back rent or a security deposit. The other is located at: 3301 Sunset Ave, Ocean, New Jersey. Other assistance is for employment, domestic violence survivors, and support for senior citizens. One office is at 913 Sewall Ave, Asbury Park New Jersey. The other is located at 3301 Sunset Ave, Ocean, New Jersey. call 732-774-3282 for the second location at 12 Throckmorton St, Freehold NJ This is a phone number.

This organization provides financial assistance for emergencies related to rent, medications, and transportation. They support many towns in New Jersey, including but not limited to Aberdeen, Cliffwood, Hazlet, Holmdel, Keansburg, Leonardo, Lincroft, Matawan, Middletown, Port Monmouth, and Union Beach.

Interfaith Neighbors is a organization based in Asbury Park, New Jersey that provides rent assistance to hundreds of residents through their Homeless Prevention Program. For more information, interested individuals can call (732) 775 – 0525. This assistance is only for residents who have a full-time job, but they may still be considered working poor or facing a one-time crisis. Ongoing subsides can be used to help pay for rent, and they offer information on low income apartments.

To get information about the waiting list for subsidized housing in Monmouth County, dial 1-609-633-6150.

The Project Paul211 is located at Carr Ave in Keansburg, New Jersey. The project provides assistance and care for those in need and is open 24/7. For more information, please call (732) 787 – 4887.

The Holy Family Church Conference in Union Beach, NJ provides financial assistance to help with security deposits, overdue rent, application or court fees to challenge evictions, and other housing expenses, such as utilities. All money for the rent goes directly to the person who owns the Monmouth property.

The Salvation Army in Red Bank, New Jersey provides shelter and referrals to those in need.

180 Turning Lives Around is a non-profit that helps people by giving them counseling. The staff will help the clients to find affordable housing and also apply for grants which will help them with the security deposits. They will also help the clients to address any other barriers that they might face. The address of this location is 1 Bethany Rd, Hazlet, NJ, 07730. Please call 732-264-4111.

Monmouth County’s Free Legal Services program provides free advice to eligible clients who meet program terms, as well as seniors or the disabled regardless of their income. Lawyers may provide suggestions on how to contest an eviction, represent people in court, and offer other types of housing assistance.

HABcore offers apartments that are transitional and permanent. This organization is located in Red Bank, New Jersey and their phone number is (732) 544 – 1975. This building provides housing for low-income people who are homeless, disabled, or elderly. They own and operate Class C Boarding Homes and independent apartments in partnership with HUD.

The Monmouth County Division of Social Services is a government agency that provides social services to residents of Monmouth County, New Jersey. The agency is located in the city of Freehold at 3000 Kozloski Road. The number to call is 732-308-3770. The county has information on many topics including public housing, federal government and state of New Jersey grant programs, TANF, and other financial aid.

SVdP Saint Benedict Church (Holmdel) is a church located at 165 Bethany Rd in Holmdel, New Jersey. This church offers a variety of services to help the community, such as a food pantry and clothing closet. They also offer a conference center for meetings and events. For more information, you can call them at (732) 264 – 4712. Assistance with energy costs, housing expenses, and other needs is available through financial resources. Volunteers will also help place families into transitional housing or assist them in finding other sources of financial assistance, such as no interest loans, from agencies in the area.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *