Mid-Columbia Community Action Agency Council.

The Mid-Columbia Community Action Council provides access to government benefits like LIHEAP and weatherization, as well as housing assistance programs. The agency helps people who own homes in Oregon counties like Wasco, Hood River and Sherman. Case managers will help clients identify and apply for resources that can help them meet their needs.

Not only can families receive financial aid from programs, but MCCAC also offers more. The agency will help people gain self-sufficiency, including finding and registering for job training or education programs. Some of the solutions for housing are emergency programs to help with rent so that people don’t get evicted, or transitional housing programs. Many more services are available from the non-profit organization.

There is a place where you can live if you are having trouble finding a place to live. Mid Columbia Community Action both operates and owns the Hamilton Transitional Housing facility in Dalles, Oregon. The center can hold several different families who were previously homeless, even though space is very limited. If you are about to be evicted, you can also get help.

Clients can stay with us for up to 2 years while they access case management, look for employment and continue to seek permanent housing in counties such as Hood River. This gives them the time they need to get back on their feet and start over. Families will need to pay a portion of their rent and utilities while living there. Some of their income will be used to pay for those expenses.

You can learn how to save money on energy costs by attending free Energy Education workshops. The services are available as part of the Weatherization program and LIHEAP. The classes teach people from the regions how to save energy in their homes.

In addition to that, those who attend the classes can get free kits that will help them save energy. These items are given to participants to help save energy and money. The classes offered are approved by Mid-Columbia Community Action Council and are taught by specialists and very qualified trainers.

MCCAC provides utility bill assistance through the Oregon Energy Assistance Program (OEA) and the Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP). The community action agency helps people apply for government programs. They also have information on several other local utility programs which can help customers with paying gas and heating bills.

Weatherization from MCCAC is funded by several government grants including the Bonneville Power Administration, the Department of Energy (DOE), the Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP), Pacific Power (ECHO), and Northwest Natural Gas (OLIEE). This will install free improvements and conservation measures in the homes of families that meet the requirements.

There are many organizations that help with food assistance in the Mid-Columbia Oregon region. The non-profit partners with food banks and other organizations to provide food for people in need.

The AARP Tax Aide is a program that is designed to help seniors with their taxes. The program is paid for by the AARP and the IRS. The MCCAC Tax Counseling program provides free advice and income tax assistance. The program is offered at two locations, Washington and North Central Oregon. You can not only get help completing your return, but also get help filing your return.

The Mid-Columbia Community Action Council can help people who are about to be evicted from their homes. Renters can use funds to cover a deposit or first month’s rent for a new apartment. Most aid is generally for those from the region who are at risk of losing their housing. The amount of money available for funding is limited, and the eligibility requirements vary depending on the organization.

In order to qualify for rent assistance, you will need to provide proof of hardship, such as verification of all household income, Social Security numbers for everyone in the household, an eviction notice from your landlord, and more.

There is also a homeless assistance program in Hood River, Wasco and Sherman Oregon. This can mean things like providing a place to stay for people who are homeless, or people who are in the process of moving to a new home. Some clients may receive funds to pay a deposit or their first month’s rent.

The Mid-Columbia Community Action Council has locations in the following areas: We are looking for people to come and apply for our program.

Avenue G The main office is located on 312 E. Avenue G. The Dalles office is located on 4th Street and the Hood River office is located on 12th Street. The Dalles office phone number is (541) 298-5131 and the Hood River office phone number is (541) 386-4027.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *