Assistance Program

Waukesha County public assistance.

Public aid is available to help residents in Waukesha County with their basic needs. The county offers some assistance directly, and other assistance in partnership with non-profits such as the Moraine Lakes Consortium.

FoodShare may provide vouchers for buying groceries. This program provides food assistance for families with minor children and adults who are unable to work. If you don’t have enough money to buy food, FoodShare can help. They give you money to buy groceries and food. If you want to learn more or apply, you need to go to the county social service office. This can be done by using the internet, meeting someone in person, or talking to them on the phone. An interview is usually needed to apply for a job. You may also need to provide proof of your qualifications, such as transcripts or certificates. Please call 1-800-362-3002 for assistance.

Public assistance programs that provide financial help include food assistance, child care subsidies, medical assistance, and more. This program provides income qualified families in Waukesha with support from the Moraine Lakes Consortium.

A case manager will assess your financial situation. They will decide if you can get any help from the government. The purpose of the financial assistance is to help people cover their basic needs like housing and healthcare. This means that there are financial limitations in place for how much money one can make and still be eligible for the program, as well as how many assets one can have and still be eligible for the program. The phone number 1-888-446-1239 is a customer service number for a company.

The Workforce Development Center can help people who are unemployed or underemployed to gain new skills and education, which will hopefully lead to them getting a job. The staff provides services to help people in need to make more money and become independent. This is the address: 892 Main Street, Pewaukee, WI 53072. Please call our customer service line at 1-888-446-1239.

The Wisconsin Shares program is a state-wide program that helps families pay for child care. This could potentially help working parents in Waukesha County. This means that if the parent is eligible for government subsidies and aid, the government will pay for the child care expenses for children under the age of 19.

There are requirements that must be met in order to be eligible for the position. A person who is acting as a parent must be in an unsubsidized work position, be attending high-school, or participate in W-2 employment program, or they will need to be participating in some form of employment skills training. There are income levels in place.

States and the federal government may provide medical assistance to adults who do not have any children in their care. Wisconsin’s ForwardHealth Medicaid plans are available to residents of the county. This assistance is for people who are blind, Elderly, or Disabled. It can help with things like medicine and doctor’s appointments. Applicants for this program must be 65 years of age or older, blind or disabled, have a family income that does not exceed the monthly program limit, and be immigrants or United States citizens.

There are a few different types of Medicaid plans that are offered in the state of Wisconsin. The Community Waivers provides assistance to Waukesha County residents who are elderly, blind, or disabled. This aid is for people who want to stay in their homes or in their community, not in a nursing home or institution. The Elderly, Blind, or Disabled Medicaid program is for people who are age 65 or older, blind, or have a disability. Family Care is a long-term care program that provides services to groups who are elderly or have developmental or physical disabilities.

The county also processes applications for the main federal government utility program, which is the Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP). This program gives money to help people pay for their home heating costs. The office for energy services is at 217 wisconsin avenue, suite 401, waukesha, WI 53186. -Please call (262) 549-9666

If you want to know more about any of these programs, you can call Workforce Development Center at 1-888-446-1239 or the Human Services Center. This site is located at 514 Riverview Avenue, Waukesha, Wisconsin 53188. The phone number is 1-888-446-1239.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *