Assistance Program

Assistance programs from Iowa counties.

West Central Community Action provides residents of Iowa with programs that offer help with things such as food, housing, and education. They provide assistance with food, rent, energy bills, and more. Six of the counties that West Central Community Action serves have food pantries where people in need can get food. Those counties are Harlan County, Onawa County, Sidney County, Logan County, Red Oak County, and Malvern County.

West Central Community Action is helping more and more families who are struggling to pay for housing. The Emergency Food and Shelter Program provides assistance for residents who need help paying for their mortgage, rent, or utilities. This program helps families in need for one month. They are helping people deal with and settle their debts. The number of people using the energy services offered by the Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program has increased by 12 percent from last year. This program helps households pay for fuel and heating bills if their utility services have been shut off or if they are at risk of losing their service.

A comprehensive list of community action agencies can be found. This link provides additional information about the topic.

If you would like more information, please visit the center. The West Central Community Action is open from Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. It is closed from 12 to 12:30 p.m. (712) 755-5135

Help for bills, rent, and expenses in Iowa County

The Iowa County Ministerial Alliance Fund offers a loan with a very low interest rate to help people pay rent. The credit company will give you a loan of up to $200 that must be used to repair your car. The agency is in Williamsburg Iowa. To speak to someone at the company, dial (319) 668-1375.

The Iowa County General Assistance program may be able to provide temporary financial assistance in the form of cash grants to help people deal with a hardship. The agency can help pay for things like interest on your mortgage or rent, utilities, burial costs, and heating bills. If you can’t work and don’t have Subsidized Section 8 Housing, the agency can also give you food vouchers. There is assistance available for Iowa residents who are struggling to pay their heating bills. Learn more about what options are available to you. Please call 319-662-4245.

HACAP provides services to many areas of the state. The non-profit can help if you are about to be evicted from your home or apartment, or your utility service is about to be disconnected. Calling (319) 354-2051. Aid is offered for those who are homeless or near homeless and are at risk of eviction or having their utilities disconnected.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *