Camden County Council on Economic Opportunity resources.

The Camden County Council on Economic Opportunity (OEO) provides assistance to low-income individuals during difficult times. Although funding and resources are limited, the OEO strives to help as many people as possible. Short term financial assistance may be paid out to help cover rent or other bills, referrals are offered to government benefits such as section 8 housing assistance, and case managers partner with clients to help them become self-sufficient.

The programs are very dependent on private and government grants. The non-profit community action agency will help the unemployed that have a plan to regain self-sufficiency when possible. Assistance is for seniors, the disabled, and others from the Camden County New Jersey community.

Emergency services, housing, utility assistance and other financial needs in Camden

The New Jersey SHARES Program helps low-income residents with heating and energy costs. The program is run by the state of New Jersey and provides assistance and referrals to residents who need help paying their energy bills. This is available in every county in the state. The agency will offer energy assistance and financial help to low income families and individuals in Camden County. Grants and funds can be used to temporarily help pay for electric, water, and natural gas bills. Even if someone does not qualify for the Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP), they may still be eligible for the New Jersey SHARES program. The program runs throughout the year, so residents can apply at any time. For more details, call (856) 964-6887.

If there is money available from grants or other sources, emergency financial assistance can be given. The Camden County Council on Economic Opportunity provides assistance to those who qualify with free food, emergency rent payments or relocation assistance, and referral services. They can also refer clients to someone to talk to in order to discuss their situation. You can reach us at either (856) 772-9100 or 856) 964-6887.

The Universal Service Program and Weatherization provide energy conservation services. The two resources provide consumers with a variety of energy-saving measures, including efficient hot water heaters, heating systems, refrigerators, and air-sealing solutions. In addition to the regular funding, those that qualify may also receive additional benefits such as a new refrigerator, installation of florescent light bulbs, repair or replacement of broken or inefficient furnace, boiler, or hot water heater, new windows and/or outside door(s).

HEAP is a program that helps people pay for their energy bills. The state and federal government pays for this program. This means that they will help you pay for your ever increasing utility bills. If you have a medical need for cooling assistance, you may be eligible to receive a free fan or other assistance from the government, especially if you are a senior citizen. The number to reach someone at is 856-910-1180.

The Camden County Homeless Prevention Programs will help families and individuals stay in their homes by providing extra support beyond what local, federal government, and state of New Jersey programs offer. The program provides money to help people pay their back rent, mortgage, and utility bills. This aid will help people who are at risk of being evicted.

This rental assistance is not available to everyone and has conditions that must be met. This means that applicants will need to show that they can pay their own rent or mortgage after getting help from Camden County Council on Economic Opportunity.

Foreclosure Prevention and Housing Counseling helps people keep their homes by providing free advice and services. This community action agency offers services to help people prevent or resolve mortgage delinquency issues, stop defaults, and more. Other types of counseling include foreclosure prevention counseling, relocation counseling, and home maintenance counseling. Camden residents are given help to pay their overdue mortgage payments. If you want counseling, you must also be willing to set goals and create a budget and housing plan. The number for the office is (856) 964-6887.

If someone is receiving rent assistance or housing counseling, they must also attend case management services. These can help keep people in their homes and prevent them from having their power or water cut off. Some of these services include, but are not limited to, helping people get jobs, teaching them about health, providing low-income housing, and other services. If a client is successful, they may be able to receive rent or mortgage payments that they have missed in the past, security deposits for apartments, or even charges for past due utility bills. The phone number is 856-772-9100.

The Sheridan Apartment units are available from Camden County OEO for low income housing. The apartments offer reduced rental rates to those who are eligible. To place a call to (856) 541-4422, dial the number on your phone.

This type of housing is for women with children and single mothers. It is intended to provide a safe and supportive environment while the women transition to more stable housing. The Urban Women’s Center provides assistance and housing to women with alcohol and/or drug addiction through referrals. Domestic violence victims can also get help with things like housing.

Men are not exempt from needing or receiving help. The OMAR program provides housing and assistance to homeless men and those who are at risk of eviction. Coordinate job readiness programs, attend counseling, and get permanent housing. The telephone number for this company is (856) 964-6887.

The TRUE Program provides financial assistance to low-income households to help pay for their utility bills. Funds and grants are available to help those who are struggling to pay their natural gas or electric bill. One time cash grants are available from Camden County Council on Economic Opportunity (OEO) or the state to those that qualify for aid. To apply, call (856) 964-6887.

Camden County Council on Economic Opportunity Self-Sufficiency resources

The Dollar-to-Dollar IDA Program helps people save money by matching their savings dollar-for-dollar. It creates opportunities for people to become more independent and successful in the long term by owning a home, going to college, or starting a business. This means that not only will participants have their savings matched, but the OEO will also provide them with personalized case management, business/technical planning assistance, and economic educational courses as needed.

The Camden County Summer Youth Employment Program is a program that provides employment opportunities for students who are 17 years old or younger. The youth in Camden County receive guidance for their future internships and jobs. They learn how to behave appropriately on the job and how to write a resume. To reach the office, please call (856) 964-6887.

The Urban Women’s Center helps women in Camden County by providing them with employment and computer training. It is provided with other services and case management.

The community action agencies Job Readiness Program will help women in the community get training for employment and careers. Other services that are available to them are things such as counseling, case management, and training in a variety of both traditional and non-traditional jobs.

The Urban Women’s Center also provides job placement for women. Workshops are available to help improve literacy skills, as well as classes to help prepare for the GED test. A Women’s Support Group is also available to offer assistance and guidance. The class is for women who want to learn or get better at using computers.

8th Street The Camden County Council on Economic Opportunity is located at 538 S. 8th Street. The address for Broadway is Camden, NJ 08103 and the phone number is (856) 964-6887. The address for the second location is 628 Route 73 South, Berlin, New Jersey 08009. The number to call is (856) 767-3320.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *