Assistance Program

Denver public assistance.

The county offers many programs to help residents with things such as food, money, housing, and more. The main aim of all programs is to support the people who are most disadvantaged and at risk. This can include families with low incomes and children, seniors, and people with disabilities. Families can also learn independent living skills and access resources that will help them in the long term. Denver Human Services (DHS) manages most of the resources.

Rent and Eviction Prevention Assistance is offered to individuals and families in Denver who can’t pay their rent because of an emergency or unexpected financial hardship. This means that they need to earn very little money. Some other qualifications for the program include the applicant needing to have lived in their current housing or apartment for six months or more, or they needing to have resided in a Denver shelter for 30 days or more. This means that applicants cannot use more than 75% of their current household income to pay for housing costs. There is additional housing assistance and services available for people who are at risk of losing their housing or are currently homeless. For more details, please go to the main office at the Castro Building, 1200 Federal Blvd, Denver, Colorado 80204, or call 720-944-3666.

If you are homeless and have been in Denver for at least 30 days, you may be eligible for transitional or emergency housing. To apply, you must go through the Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) program.

Denver Human Services may be able to help with moving and storing belongings for families and individuals who have been victims of domestic violence or who have been evicted.

The Denver Aid to the Needy Disabled program helps people with low incomes who are not receiving Supplemental Security Income (SSI) by giving them cash grants and financial assistance. Even those residents who are receiving SSI payments can get help. If someone is getting SSI benefits, they can also get Medicaid benefits.

If someone dies in Denver County, the county can help pay for their funeral and burial costs. Any person who wants to apply must meet the qualifications and financial terms. This resource provides financial assistance for funeral expenses to those who cannot afford to pay and who do not have enough money left behind by the deceased to cover the costs. All assets will be considered when determining eligibility.

The Denver County Child Care Assistance Program provides financial assistance to families who cannot afford to pay for child care. The program is based on income and family size. If you have children under the age of 13, or children with special needs up to the age of 18, you may be able to get help paying for child care. There is often a list of people who are waiting for this public program.

The Human Services agency in Denver Colorado can help you apply for food assistance from the government and from private organizations. If you are low income or working poor, you may be eligible for help paying for food and groceries. A food assistance program can provide people with coupons or vouchers for free food. If you have applied for food assistance, you may be able to get help while you are waiting for your application to be processed.

If you are taking care of a child who is not yours, such as raising a grandchild, niece, or nephew, then the Grandparent & Kinship Program can help you meet their financial, physical, medical, emotional and/or educational needs, and help you pay for basic needs and bills. In addition to getting referrals for other government and public assistance programs, you can also get help during this period from other sources.

The Low-Income Energy Assistance Program (LEAP) provides assistance to low-income households with their utility bills in Denver. This government-funded program can help with a portion of your heating and cooling costs during the winter and summer months. Households that qualify for the program will receive an amount based on the total cost of their heating bill, the household income of the applicant, and the number of people living in the home. The Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) provides emergency assistance to Denver families when a family receives a shut-off or disconnection notice, when their heat has already been shut-off, or if they run out of fuel or oil.

Security deposits may be offered for housing vouchers from Section 8. If you meet the qualifications, you may be able to get help with money and grants up to $1000 to pay for a housing deposit. This is a one-time payment of cash to help low-income families who are working.

Personal needs can be met by the individual themself. This means that a case manager may be able to provide coupons or vouchers for prescriptions, diapers, over-the-counter drugs, or other items, depending on the situation. Also, personal hygiene supplies may be available depending on the decision of a social worker or case manager.

There are transportation options available in Denver. This means that if a Human Services case manager believes that someone needs help paying for a cab or bus, they may give that person a voucher or token to use. Transportation can help people get to where they need to go.

Health and assistance with medical bills may be provided to Denver families by Medicaid and/or Medicare. These resources are medical insurance programs for low-income individuals and families who meet eligibility requirements and income levels. The programs are run by the federal government. Medicare is a public medical insurance program for lower income individuals who have paid social security taxes and who are least 62 years of age. If you have a disabled spouse or child, you may be eligible for financial assistance.

The Medicaid program is a federal program that helps pay for healthcare for eligible pregnant women and families with children age 19 years or younger. You may request Medicaid for one or all family members. Eligibility for receiving medical care from Medicaid is based on your family’s total household income, number of family members, and other resources available.

The government provides Temporary Aid to Needy Families through Denver Human Services. The Colorado Works (CW) program, also known as Temporary Assistance to Needy Families (TANF), provides cash and financial assistance to low income families and individuals. This program provides monthly cash assistance and grants to eligible participants who meet income levels.

The Denver County Veteran Services Office provides help to veterans who live in Denver County and the city of Denver. The non-profit government organization can provide emergency cash assistance to qualified veterans in their time of need, help veterans with their applications for VA benefits and public aid, and case managers can also help veterans to find additional resources and support services.

This resource provides financial assistance, public aid, and health care to elderly people who are 60 years of age or older. This service is provided by the state of Colorado, and it includes the greater Denver area. This benefit is only offered to US citizens or legal aliens who are admitted into the United States. The two main components of this program are: 1) 2)

The Old Age Pension Health Care Plan provides financial assistance to seniors aged 60 to 64 years old, who have a total household income below $628, and fewer than $3,000 in countable resources (or $2,000 for an individual).

The second component, OAP-A, provides Medicaid coverage. In order to qualify for this medical care program in Denver, individuals must be 65 years of age or older and have an income that is less than $628. In addition, they can only have a certain amount of savings and cash, which is $2,000 for an individual or $3,000 for a couple.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *