Financial aid from Greater Washington Urban League.

The Urban League of Washington DC is a place where low income and struggling residents can go to get help and resources. The non-profit and its specialists will help with housing needs, including both mortgage and rent assistance. The organization also partners with companies to help people pay their utility and water bills so they don’t get disconnected. In addition to providing meals, the organization also helps with finding employment and offers counseling services.

Find help with rent, mortgage, and utility bills

The GWUL also provides resources for tenants. This includes resources for finding affordable housing, applying for housing, and maintaining housing. The main service offered is the Tenant-Based Rental Assistance (TBRA) Program, which provides financial assistance to eligible low-income households to help them rent safe and affordable housing. This means that the District of Columbia Department of Health partly pays for this. TBRA tries to help clients keep a place to live and not be homeless. The goal is to provide short-term help that will lead to either long-term assistance or self-sufficiency. The program is not mandatory, and there are certain requirements that must be met in order to participate.

The League has given money to help community members pay their natural gas, heating and electric bills. This is done in partnership with the electric company. You can get help once a year, for up to $500 if there is money available. To receive a grant for their energy bills, applicants must submit the required paperwork and receive approval.

The GWUL Urban League helps eligible and needy families in D.C. pay their water bills during times of crisis in partnership with WASA. The program known as SPLASH, or Serving People by Lending a Supporting Hand, is designed to help residents in need.

The amount of families that this organization helps is small because it can only afford to with the money that it gets from the community, non-profit organizations, and other WASA customers. This is for emergency situations as well.

The GWUL Housing Division helps people in the Washington DC area who want to move from renting to owning a home. The Housing Division offers programs on financial literacy, budgeting and self-sufficiency for both young people and adults. Giving people an understanding of resource investment and wealth accumulation can help families escape poverty and achieve long term economic security.

The Employer Assisted Housing Program helps government employees in the District of Columbia become first-time homeowners. The City’s Department of Housing and Community Development (DHCD) provides closing cost assistance and coordinates deferred second trust loans. Borrowers can shop around for the best lender and bank for their needs.

This program is only for government employees. To be eligible, employees must be full-time and first-time home buyers in the DC area. In order to qualify for a mortgage, you must have a good credit rating and a history of making payments on time. This program is typically available to government workers, and fire-fighters, teachers, and police officers can also enroll.

The Home Purchase Assistance Program (HPAP) provides affordable housing options for low- and moderate-income earners in Washington, DC. The Greater Washington Urban League provides financial assistance or grants to qualified applicants. All of the money that is issued needs to be spent on buying single-family houses, cooperative apartments, or condominiums.

Several things are taken into account when deciding how much money to give out for a no-interest loan that is deferred for five years. This includes the size of the household, as well as the income and assets available for buying a home. Funds can be used for things like paying closing costs or acquiring assistance.

Additional Urban League services in Washington DC

There is food and groceries available for free. The CSFP provides free, nutritious food to low income residents who meet eligibility requirements.

The aid is for children up to six years old, pregnant women, women who had a baby in the last year, and senior citizens aged 60. The program provides a grocery bag of food on a monthly basis to those who are eligible.

In order to participate in the program, residents are required to apply for certification at the Urban League. If you need to be recertified, you must go to one of the local sites and show documentation, like a photo ID and birth certificate. For more information, call 202-265-8200.

The GWUL Career Center helps employers find workers from the community who are looking for jobs. They do this by offering a variety of job search activities, employment programs and services.

The free Urban League Career Center is a place where you can get help finding a job, get training for a job, learn how to make a resume, and learn how to be prepared for work. They are held in small groups or individually. The League also partners with local businesses, the DC Department of Employment Services, and community organizations to host job fairs for the public.

The Greater Washington Urban League is located at 2901 14th Street, NW, in Washington, D.C., 20009. To speak to someone at the office, please call 202-265-8200.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *