Assistance Program

Huntington County Indiana assistance programs.

Receive free health care in Huntington

The Trinity United Methodist Church Free Clinic for Care provides free medical care to underprivileged patients, people struggling in today’s economy, and families that are underinsured or have no insurance. This clinic provides people with free access to medication, dental work, and blood screenings.

The clinic has helped a lot of patients this year, more than any other year. Almost 1500 people were helped last year, and this year the number will be much higher. This program provides financial assistance to help people pay for medical care and food.

Clinic is held every Tuesday from 12pm-6pm at Trinity United Methodist Church (lower level). If you would like more information, please call 260-355-0722.

Programs that can provide housing, rent, and/or energy bill assistance

The Community and Family Services of Huntington Indiana manages the local Section 8 housing program. The section 8 housing voucher program pays a portion of a clients monthly rent every month. The amount of money given by the section 8 program is based on the total amount of money the household earns. There is a long list of people waiting. To reach someone by phone, dial their number. In this case, the number to dial is (260) 726-6322. The Indiana Section 8 housing program helps low-income families, the disabled, and the elderly afford housing. Participants in the program pay a portion of their income towards rent, and the government pays the rest. The program is administered by the Indiana Housing and Community Development Authority.

In addition to providing vouchers for section 8, Community and Family Services also provides many other social services and support programs. The non-profit can help clients access transitional housing or the homeless shelter by dialing (260) 358-0748. Case managers can direct clients to government benefits such as food stamps, weatherization or energy bill help, or WIC vouchers by calling (260) 356-4455. Other services available include weatherization and ongoing case management. The Department of Community and Family Services provides assistance to families and individuals in need. Services include food and clothing assistance, financial assistance, and counseling services.

This non-profit provides cash grants and financial assistance to help with expenses such as rent, utilities, heating bills, and mortgage payments. To qualify, call (260) 356-0933. Some other programs provide a week’s worth of diapers and wipes. If you’re a new parent, you might be wondering where you can find supplies for your baby. You can find baby food, formula, diaper bags, and other miscellaneous items at most stores that sell baby products. Food can be offered to someone to keep them going for up to three days. Another program provides clothing for up to three people, depending on what is available.

The Salvation Army is a church located in Huntington Indiana. Please call the non-profit charity at (260) 356-3485. The agency only provides a small amount of help. There are various programs available to help with food, rent, utilities, and lodging in case of an emergency. Some organizations also give out free clothes, Christmas presents, or back-to-school supplies. In order to receive help from this Salvation Army location, the person requesting assistance must have been turned down for help by their local township trustee.

The center often has recommendations for other places too. If a family has low income, the Salvation Army can help them get rental assistance, money from emergency solutions and grants, or loans with no interest. There are a number of free Christmas and holiday programs available as well as other services. The Salvation Army in Huntington County offers a variety of assistance programs designed to help those in need. Some of the programs available include financial assistance, food assistance, and clothing assistance. The Salvation Army also offers a number of other services such as counseling and case management.

If you need to reach the Huntington Township Trustee, you can call them at (260) 356-5218. The state law of Indiana requires that every town provides basic assistance, which can include but is not limited to hotel and motel lodging, emergency shelter, groceries and food, prescriptions, funeral and burial expenses, medical and health care services, rent help, transportation, funds for paying heating bills and utilities, and sometimes personal supplies, such as clothing.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *