Assistance Program

Information on Oklahoma Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP).

Get help with your energy and heating bills

If you are having trouble paying your monthly energy or heating bills, the Oklahoma Department of Human Services may be able to help you. You can apply for assistance from the DHS agency starting in late November or early December each year. They manage the Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program, which is funded by the federal government. Call the number to learn more about the process or to apply.

The Oklahoma Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) will provide financial assistance to low- and middle-income people to help pay for winter heating costs, grants and funds to address an energy crisis, and even pay for summer cooling and/or weatherization aid. Weatherization is when your home is repaired for free to make it more energy efficient. This weatherization program provides assistance to eligible low-income households during specific application periods, usually during the summer and winter months.

Over 100,000 Oklahoma families received assistance and cash grants to help pay their heating bills last year. This year, more people are expected to apply and the demand will be even higher.

The LIHEAP program is available to households with a low total income and few assets. For a single person, the maximum monthly income allowed is $1,174. A household of two people costs $1,579 per year, and it costs more for additional people. The income limit for households of three or more people is higher than for smaller households.

If you or your family are already receiving assistance from Oklahoma DHS, you will automatically be qualified for this new program and you don’t need to reapply.

The LIHEAP program was created by the government to help low to moderate income families pay for winter heating bills and to keep their utility service on. of Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services to ensure that all eligible people in Oklahoma have access to the resources and benefits they need. The OKDHS government agency is responsible for making sure that all eligible people in Oklahoma have access to the resources and benefits they need. To do this, the agency works closely with the Oklahoma Dept. of Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services. The Commerce Department provides weatherization services for eligible families, and weatherization will help people reduce their energy bills.

Individuals who are interested can also look into other programs that offer energy assistance in Oklahoma. You must bring your most recent heating bill and proof of your total household income when you apply for the energy assistance program.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *