Assistance Program

Kansas low income energy bill assistance LIHEAP and weatherization.

There are two programs that can help low-income households with energy in Kansas. They are LIHEAP and weatherization. Both of these programs are federally-funded. Both of them are helping low income families that spend a lot of their income on utility, heating, and energy bills. You can apply for free cash grants for paying bills through LIHEAP, and save money on your energy bills by getting free conservation measures through weatherization.

The government pays for these programs, but they are run by the Department of Social Services in Kansas. Local organizations like Community Action Agencies and non-profits offer them. To apply for this job, you will need to call the locations listed.

Free government grants to pay energy bills in Kansas from LIHEAP

The Kansas Low Income Energy Assistance Program provides help to people who might not be able to pay their winter heating bills. This assistance is available once per year. There are a number of conditions that need to be met by applicants for government aid, and all aid is limited by government funding and resources.

To be eligible for the program, applicants must have made an effort towards the purchase of their primary heating energy source and/or bills in the recent past. Financial assistance is only offered for people who are responsible for paying the heating bills at their current home, residence, or apartment. The Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) can help you pay your energy bills, whether you pay a landlord for heat or a fuel vendor. Income guidelines are determined by the number of people in your household. The more people in your household, the higher your income can be and still be qualified.

The Kansas energy bill assistance program helps people pay their winter energy bills. The program is available once per year. Elderly and disabled people are given priority for applications, and then other people can apply.

The amount that recipients may receive from the government in Kansas will vary based on several factors. If you qualify for weatherization services, you may be placed on a waiting list for the program.

They will look at how much money you make, what kind of heating you have, and how many people live in your home to decide how much to pay for your home heating bills and utility costs.

The other option is to get help from the LIHEAP crisis assistance program. If someone is about to run out of fuel or be disconnected, this is offered. In order to qualify for this heating bill assistance program, applicants must have their heating/cooling service completely shut off or be threatened with disconnection. To speak to a customer service representative, please call 1-800-432-0043.

Save money on utilities and energy from free conservation measures

The Kansas Weatherization Assistance Program is the biggest energy efficiency program in the country. The program is free and it will help improve a homeowner’s fuel efficiency and lower their heating costs. This product helps to keep your living space at a comfortable temperature by blocking out extreme hot and cold air. Some of the things that can be provided in order to make a house more energy efficient include insulation, caulking, repair or replacement of heating systems, and more.

To qualify for this program, your household income must be at or below a certain level. The amount of money you can get from the program also depends on how many people are in your household. This means that people who have a disability, are elderly, or are low-income families with young children will be given priority. The program provides assistance for both rental properties and individually owned homes. A household that contains a member who receives Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) or Supplemental Security Income (SSI) benefits in Kansas is automatically eligible for free weatherization services from the government.

Weatherproofing, cleaning, testing and repairing heating and cooling systems, caulking doors and windows, adding insulation to walls, ceilings and foundations, and reducing infiltration are all examples of improvements that can be made to a home. Get help with cleaning and tuning up your furnace to make sure it is efficient and safe, or replacing your furnace if necessary.

Applying for free LIHEAP grants or weatherization services in Kansas

Grants for furnace repair or replacement may also be offered for rentals if the landlord agrees to contribute. The weatherization program is paid for with federal government Department of Energy (DOE) funds and also the Low-Income Energy Assistance Program (LIEAP). The program is regulated by the Kansas Housing Resources Corporation as well as your local community action agency. For more details, call 1-800-432-0043.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *