Assistance Program

Public assistance in Tulsa Oklahoma.

If you need more information about the services below, contact your local human service center, or call 1-866-411-1877 for more details or locations. These programs are offered by the Department of Human Services Centers in Oklahoma, including Tulsa County.

This is the LIHEAP national contact number. The Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program can offer financial assistance and cash grants for paying utility bills, including winter and summer expenses. This program is funded by the public.

The Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program may be able to provide money to Tulsa families for paying winter heating bills, energy crisis, summer cooling expenses, and also energy conservation. Other home repair assistance programs can help with weatherization and energy-related repairs. Money can be used to cover the cost of repairing an air conditioner or heating unit system. This program provides low-income households with help paying for energy costs during specific application periods.

The Oklahoma food stamp program, known as the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), provides vouchers that can be used to purchase groceries, food, and other nutritional items. Only certain foods can be bought with food benefits from the SNAP program. This usually refers to items like bread, milk, vegetables, and even seeds for growing your own food at home. Some of the things that families in Tulsa, Oklahoma cannot purchase with government food stamps include items such as paper goods, cleaning products, tobacco products, vitamins or medicine, hot prepared meals, alcoholic beverages, and personal hygiene or care items like toothpaste. To find out more about SNAP food benefits in Tulsa, call 1-866-411-1877 or go to a local Human Service center.

For information on cash type public assistance for very low income families in Oklahoma, they can call upon DHS. The social workers from the county need to figure out if someone qualifies for benefits from the government by looking at all the different laws and policies. The amount of help someone gets will depend on how much they need.

The government assistance programs that will be looked at include things like money from Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF), food stamps from the SNAP program, help with fuel costs, Section 8 Rent Subsidies, Medicaid, and other public benefits. The process usually involves meeting the person in person to talk with them.

Oklahoma Medicaid is a government health care program that is administered by the state of Oklahoma Division of Medical Assistance and other agencies. It helps low-income residents pay for dental or medical care. The rules and regulations for Medicaid are a combination of Federal and State laws. The terms of the agreement will vary. The costs of public programs are generally paid for with federal and state taxes.

If you have a Tulsa County RX Prescription Card, you may be able to get discounts on your prescriptions. The Pharmacy Connection Council is a regional program that helps ensure residents have access to the prescription drugs they need. The program is run by the state, and various non-profit partner agencies help to support it. The goal is to help those who cannot afford health insurance or do not have access to it.

The Weatherization Assistance Program (WAP) is a government program that helps low-income families pay for home energy improvements. The program provides free home energy audits and weatherization services, such as insulation and window caulking. The Tulsa Department of Human Services provides referrals to a public aid program that helps low-income Tulsa County residents reduce energy costs, with a focus on heating costs. As people insulate their homes, they make them more energy-efficient and comfortable to live in.

A home energy audit is a professional assessment of how much energy your home uses and where that energy is being wasted. After the audit, the contractor will recommend various energy-saving measures that can be done for free. This means making sure your windows are sealed, your heating system is working properly, your doors have weather-stripping to keep out drafts, your attic is insulated, or you are using CFL bulbs for energy efficiency. These updates will help make your home more energy efficient, lowering your energy bills and making it more comfortable in both the winter and summer!

WAP is funded by various organizations, including the US Department of Energy, the US Department of Health and Human Services, and the state of Oklahoma. There is no charge for these services, and there is no application fee.

The county also has a program to help with phone bills. There are two main options for free cell phone programs: the government-supported Lifeline program and the SafeLink program. The client may receive a discount on the service. The program provides qualifying consumers with free cell phones and monthly airtime, or a monthly discount on their phone bill. The program is funded by the federal government. The SafeLink cell phones offer a variety of features that are appealing to users such as texting, three-way calling, voicemail, call waiting, and 911 access. These features come at a reduced cost, making the phone more affordable.

There is job training available for adults in Tulsa County who are seeking employment, including those who are on the Temporary Assistance for Needy Family Program (TANF). The sessions at the workforce center teach clients how to use modern workplace principles in the current work environment. This program helps those who are unemployed or under employed to develop the skills they need to be successful in the workforce. The state and local workforce centers provide a supportive community for clients working to improve their lives. Classes are held at different local locations.

Applying for public aid from DHS in Tulsa

The main United States Department of Homeland Security offices are located in Washington, D.C., Arlington, Virginia, and Columbus, Ohio. The address is 3666 N Peoria in Tulsa Oklahoma (zip code 74106), and the phone number is (800) 734-7509. If you’re looking for another site in Tulsa, OK, check out 444 S Houston. You can reach them at (800) 734-7516. If a resident does not know their local center, they can call the number 1-866-411-1877.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *