Food Pantries

Shelby and Oldham County food pantries.

There are food pantries in Oldham and Shelby County that can help families with food in an emergency. Many food banks rely on donations from the public or partnerships with organizations such as Feeding America. Assistance from food banks is often sought by low income families, senior citizens, or residents with a disability. These individuals may require help for a short period of time. Some sites offer not only groceries, but also case management, financial aid, or even free Thanksgiving or Christmas meals.

The range of programs on offer will differ. Some food pantries will only give out boxes of groceries that will only last for a short period of time. Other agencies will offer fresh produce in Shelby County Kentucky or they will distribute USDA Emergency Food Boxes. No matter what non-profit organization you request help from, you will need to satisfy their income conditions. If the food bank can’t help the client, the staff may have other referrals for the client.

The Shelby County Family Service Center is a place where people can get free food and other necessities. They offer fresh produce, boxes of emergency food, and surplus USDA commodities. If you are a very low income family, they can help you get food stamps.

The care operation in Shelby is located at 708 Main Street and provides a thrift shop and food bank for the community. The phone number for the care operation is (502) 633-1965. There are items such as personal hygiene items, free food, appliances, clothing, laundry detergent, furniture, and household items. There may also be Christmas toys for children and holiday meals, such as a traditional Christmas dinner.

The American Red Cross in Oldham County provides food, medication, financial aid for rent or utilities, and other assistance to those in need. Other help from the non-profit includes getting presents for Christmas and having the right clothes and supplies for school.

The Community Chest Of Oldham County is a food pantry where people in need can go to get emergency food assistance. The address is 3060 Hwy 42, La Grange, KY 40031, and the phone number is (502) 222-0427. This program provides low income families with cereal, milk, baby formula, and more.

The Tri-county Community Action Agency is a non-profit organization that helps low-income families in Kentucky. They provide food, clothing, and other necessities to families in need. They also have a crisis hotline that families can call if they need help.

Contact the Regional Salvation Army by phone at (502) 671-4900 for services or referrals in Shelby and Oldham County. There is a place where people can go to get food, as well as help during holidays. The elderly can get meals delivered to their homes. Other types of aid include finding a place to live, having some household items, having clothes to wear, and other necessities.

A group of charities that help feed the needy by operating food pantries and soup kitchens. They help those who are struggling to get food, especially children, seniors, and those who are not as strong. The staff can also offer referrals to programs for things like diapers and clothing, or sites where you can apply for food stamps. Please call 502.966.3821.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *