Assistance Program

Topeka water bill assistance programs.

The water crisis in Flint, Michigan has highlighted the need for affordable and safe water for all, especially for low-income families and those that are struggling to pay their water bills. In response to this need, non-profits and charities across Shawnee County Kansas have combined resources to help those who are struggling to afford water. The main resource available to help people pay their water bills is a charity fund called Water RoundUp. This program relies on donations from the community and nearby non-profit organizations, such as the Salvation Army.

The Topeka Public Works Department was a big part of making this program happen. It allows customers to contribute funds to help businesses. Donations will go towards helping to pay City utility and water bills for those who are less fortunate. Many people who are elderly, disabled, or have families with children benefit from this. People in the Shawnee County community have been generous in preventing many families from having their power disconnected or water service turned off.

Any money you donate can be taken off of your taxes. Customers can choose to add an extra amount to their City utility bill that will be donated to a charity program. The organization will not use the money you donate to pay for administrative costs, so you can be confident that your contribution will make a difference. The funds will go directly to low income people to help them pay their City of Topeka utility bills.

The Water RoundUp program is just one of the resources available to help you conserve water. The Shawnee County non-profits administer the program which includes Doorstep, Let’s Help, and the Salvation Army. They handle applications and give out money. The non-profits are working with the city’s public works department to facilitate donations.

If you need help, you can contact a case manager from Let’s Help, Doorstep, or the local Salvation Army corps center. The entire program is run by these non-profits. Community gardens are a great place to get referrals to other local resources, both conservation programs and direct financial aid. Even if one particular grant program is not available, there may be others that are.

The resources at these organizations are always limited, which is unfortunate. If you are low-income, you may be able to get help paying your water bill. This means that people who are at risk of having their service disconnected are generally given priority.

If you contact one of the non-profit organizations in Shawnee County, they may be able to help you with your case or help you apply for other government benefits. This extra help and guidance can assist a low-income family in becoming financially independent.

The City of Topeka Customer Services Division is another place where you can get more information. The office is located at 3245 NW Water Works Dr, Topeka, Kansas, 66606-1984. For all customer service questions, please dial 785-368-3111.

To help the program, residents can donate to the Public Works RoundUp Program by calling 785-368-3111. People can give as much or as little money as they want, and every dollar helps improve someone’s life. In addition to the standard fees, customers who choose to participate in the Public Works RoundUp program will have their donations clearly marked as charitable contributions on their statements. This means that people can see this information directly on their City utility bills.

The program not only allows people to give back, but also provides most donations as tax-deductible. If you are unsure about the tax implications of contributing to a particular project, you can consult a tax adviser. Or you can call the Topeka or Shawnee County Salvation Army and they will tell you how to contribute. All donations are always appreciated by those in need.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *