West Virginia disability benefit programs.

The state of West Virginia provides a lot of resources for people with disabilities. There are many organizations that can help with providing for health care, basic needs such as food and housing, and employment. Some examples include non-profit agencies, government organizations, and federal government benefits. The case managers from the state are willing to help residents with disabilities to get the assistance and support they require.

The West Virginia Division of Rehabilitation Services is the best place to go for help. They collaborate with federal government agencies, such as the Social Security Administration, as well as other in-state organizations. The Division of Rehabilitation Services provides referrals, financial aid, applications for government benefits, and much more.

One of the key services the company provides is helping people apply for Social Security Disability. There are two types of cash assistance that people can claim: Social Security Disability (SSDI) and SSI – Supplemental Security Income. The staff at DDS can provide you with the information and support you need to get through the application process. They will answer any questions you have and help you fill out the paperwork accurately.

Both SSDI and Supplemental Security Income provide cash benefits. The money can go to children or adults, as long as they follow the program rules. There are a number of conditions that need to be met by applicants in order to qualify for assistance, including being unable to work for a period of time, having income below certain limits, and more. The staff from the Division of Rehabilitation Services can answer any questions you may have.

The West Virginia Division of Rehabilitation Services can also help those who are able to work and want to work. They are a state-run organization that helps people with disabilities find employment. Case managers help people choose careers that fit their needs, interests and abilities.

To apply, you will need to go through an interview and intake process. Your employment counselor will also talk about your future career goals and what services are available to help you. The doctor will talk to you about your specific condition and the different treatment options that are available.

This means that each client will have a different plan based on their needs and will be able to speak to someone who can help them with their job search. They will explain your rights and work with you to create a plan that leads to part or full time paid employment. The benefits of this program may include help restoring your ability to function, being evaluated for what kind of help you need, learning new job skills, getting help finding a job, being given the tools and equipment you need for a job, and being given access to technology that can help you. The amount of time it takes to complete the process may vary. It could take a few months or several years.

If you need more information about the programs offered by the Division of Rehabilitation Services, you can call 1-800-772-1213.

The Bureau for Children and Families is responsible for many of the federal government’s programs for low-income people. They help with applications for food stamps or energy bill assistance. Other forms of aid can include rent assistance from section 211 or 8 vouchers. Family Services offers benefits like food, housing, and medical care to disabled people who have low incomes. The phone number for customer service is 1-800-642-8589.

The West Virginia Bureau for Medical Services is responsible for administering the Medicaid program, which is a joint federal and state health insurance program for low-income individuals and families. Getting help with figuring out enrollment information and eligibility. Counselors will help people apply for government Medicaid services covering a wide range of needs including behavioral health, inpatient and outpatient care, adaptive equipment, physician and nursing services, pharmacy services, and dental care. One way to save money on medical bills is to shop around for the best prices on medical procedures and services. The number you have dialed is 558-1700.

Additional organizations for the disabled

There are other government agencies and non-profits that can help the disabled in West Virginia. Some groups are funded by the government, while others are not.

West Virginia Advocates is a state-designated organization that offers advocacy and protection for West Virginians with disabilities, their caregivers and families. Please call (304) 346-0847.

The referrals and information come from the Family Support Program, which is part of the Bureau for Behavioral Health and Health Facilities. Please call (304) 558-0627. This group will help families and individuals with disabilities get transportation, affordable childcare, home modifications, and other support and services they need.

While Senior Centers typically focus on providing services to elderly citizens, they can also play a role in providing benefits to older adults with a disability. This might include offering disability-specific services or partnering with other organizations to provide resources and support. This could include things like home-delivered meals, recreation activities, and workshops on government health care. They can also help with getting resources, make it possible for people to stay at home, and help them understand and use the long term care system. If you need to reach a center in West Virginia, you can call 1-866-987-2372.

Mountain State Centers for Independent Living is an organization that provides help and support to people with disabilities. The organization offers skills development opportunities, advocates on behalf of individuals and groups, provides transportation and housing assistance, and offers peer support and personal assistance services. The Beckley dial is (304) 255-0122, the Huntington is (304) 525-3324, the Charleston is (304) 965-0376, the Spencer is (304) 927-4080, and the Sistersville is (304) 652-2116.

The Center for Independent Living provides information on how to find and apply for rent and housing assistance, information and referral services, skill training, self and systems advocacy training, and family support. The number 1-800-834-6408 is a customer service number for a company.

The West Virginia Home of Your Own Program provides disabled people with free counseling, legal aid, and financial planning services. This assistance is for people with disabilities who want to own their homes. The phone number is 304-624-3641.

WVATS helps people in West Virginia get referrals and information about AT devices and services. It also provides funding for AT. To reach customer service for assistance, please call 1-800-841-8436. The Center for Assistive Technology and Environmental Access also works closely with the Partnerships in Assistive Technologies (PATHS). To get in touch with PATHS, dial 1-800-841-8436.

The Department of Education and the Arts offers rehabilitation technology services to clients who need help with rehabilitation. Some ways that people can be assisted are by having vehicle modifications, using assistive technology like computer access, and making updates to their homes. This can be installing stairs and ramps, and modifying bathrooms, kitchens, and doorways in a disabled family’s home. Some benefits are specifically for people who are deaf or blind. To reach Cal, dial 1-800-642-8207, or in the Kanawha Valley, dial (304) 766-4600.

The Department of Health and Human Resources’ Office of Maternal, Child and Family Health runs the Children with Special Health Care Needs Program, or CSHCN. Clinics manage prescription medication programs, laboratory tests and X-rays, physical therapy, hearing aids, physician visits, medical equipment and supplies, surgery/anesthesia, and hospitalization. The office is located at 350 Capitol Street, Room 427 in Charleston, West Virginia. To reach someone by phone, dial (304) 558-5388.

The Appalachian Center for Independent Living is a non-profit organization that helps people with disabilities in West Virginia live independently. They offer services such as housing assistance, job placement, and independent living skills training. You can contact them by phone at (304) 965-0376 or (800) 642-3003.

The Arc of West Virginia helps people with intellectual and developmental disabilities. They are located at 1021 Quarrier Street, Suite 200 in Charleston, West Virginia. Their phone number is (304) 344-3403.

The Brain Injury Association of West Virginia is an organization that helps people who have suffered from brain injuries. They offer support and resources to help people recover and live normal lives.

The West Virginia Bureau of Senior Services is responsible for providing services and support to seniors in the state of West Virginia. The main office is located in the Town Center Mall, on the third level, in Charleston, WV. Call 1-877-987-3646 for information.

The West Virginia Chapter of the Autism Society can be contacted through Kim Farley at P.O. Box 7 in Huntington, WV 25706. The main number for the Autism Society is (304) 544-4730.

The Paralyzed Veterans of America is a national organization that helps veterans who have been paralyzed. The West Virginia chapter is located at 336 Campbells Creek Road in Charleston, and their phone number is (304) 925-6830.

1, Room W-106, Charleston, WV 25305 The West Virginia Commission for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing is responsible for ensuring that deaf and hard of hearing people in West Virginia have access to the same opportunities as everyone else. This includes making sure that they have access to education, employment, and other services. The address for the West Virginia State Capitol is: Room 863 Charleston, WV 25305 The Capitol’s toll-free phone number is: 1-877-461-3578

The West Virginia Department of Education is located at 1900 Kanawha Boulevard East in Charleston, WV. The phone number is (304) 558-2681.

The West Virginia Department of Health and Human Resources, Bureau for Medical Services, administers the Medicaid program. They are located at 350 Capitol Street, Room 251 in Charleston, WV and can be contacted at (304) 558-1703.

The West Virginia Department of Health and Human Resources, Division for Developmental Disabilities is responsible for providing services to people with developmental disabilities in the state of West Virginia. They are located in Charleston, WV and can be contacted at (304) 558-0684.

The West Virginia Developmental Disabilities Council is located at 110 Stockton Street in Charleston, WV25312. The main number is (304) 558-0416.

The West Virginia Schools for the Deaf and the Blind is a school located in Romney, West Virginia that provides education for deaf and blind students. The school has a main campus located at 301 East Main Street, Romney, WV 26757 and can be contacted by phone at (304) 822-4800.

The West Virginia University Center for Excellence in Disabilities is located at 959 Hartman Run Road in Morgantown, West Virginia. The center can be reached toll-free at 1-888-829-9426.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *