Assistance Program

Assistance programs Garfield County.

There are several programs that offer financial assistance in emergencies, as well as places where you can get free stuff, in Garfield County. If you are struggling to pay your rent or utilities, or need food, clothes, or furniture, there are resources available to help you in Garfield County. There are many government and other organizations that offer free or low-cost resources for back to school supplies for students. You can search online or contact your local government offices for more information.

The help is available from churches, charities or government offices in Glenwood Springs and the county. The organization provides both financial assistance and case management to help people become stabilized and self-sufficient. They also offer information on job programs and debt counseling. Even if you don’t have any experience, you can still find a job.

Find financial help with rent, medical transportation, utility bill assistance, and emergency lodging in Garfield County

The Salvation Army provides assistance to residents of Glenwood Springs and Garfield County. They offer many different financial aid programs or free items to those who need them. They can provide assistance with paying rent for a short period of time and help with security deposits. This means that they can help with things like making sure that someone can pay for their electricity and keeping the electricity running in their home. They work with organizations that can provide a place to stay for people who are homeless, as well as transportation to medical appointments.

The Salvation Army is a resource that can help people in need. They are helping hundreds of families in need each month. The Salvation Army provides people with free resources like groceries, Christmas toys from the Adopt a Family program, and back to school supplies. This helps people with their basic needs. To get more information about the Salvation Army programs in Glenwood Springs, you can call their phone number at (970) 945-6976.

The Garfield County Housing Authority provides assistance with renting, section 8, and other housing needs. The main office for this company is located in Rifle, Colorado. If you need to contact them, you can reach them by phone at 970-625-3589. The Garfield County Housing Authority provides low income families in Garfield County with the Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher Program, which is funded by the federal government. There is more information about Colorado section 8 on the internet.

The Rental Assistance Program helps people pay for their current housing situation. In general, participants in Section 8 and rental programs are required to contribute 30% of their adjusted monthly income towards their monthly rent and utilities.

Catholic Charities of Western Slope is a charity that provides financial assistance to families and individuals in need of housing support. This assistance can include rent assistance, heating and utility bill assistance, dental care and aid, transportation, shelter, and lodging. There is some money available, but Catholic Charities might also tell people about other organizations that can help them more. These organizations could be either the government or other charities. To make an appointment or learn more, please call Glenwood Springs at 970-384-2060.

The Low Income Energy Assistance Program (LEAP) provides financial assistance, grants, and advice to help low income households with utility bills. The Garfield County Department of Human Services (phone 970-625-5282) runs the local version of this program. There may be financial assistance available to help cover the costs of heating your home during the winter and cooling it during the summer.

Other public assistance programs are also processed by Human Services. This means that there are a variety of government benefits available to low-income individuals and families, including food assistance and free health care. In addition to cash assistance benefits, there are also government resources focused on the disabled and elderly in Garfield County. They also team up with local charities and food banks in Colorado.

LIFT-UP-Life Inter Faith Team on Unemployment and Poverty is a Garfield Colorado based nonprofit organization that is dedicated to helping those who are struggling providing essential humanitarian assistance in the communities we serve. The non-profit has food pantries in Aspen, Carbondale, Glenwood Springs, New Castle, Rifle and Parachute Colorado. Each week, Monday through Friday, the Extended Table Soup Kitchen provides warm, nutritious meals to needy individuals in the community. The number 970-945-2005 can be called to reach someone.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *