Rent Assistance

Brownsville area rental assistance programs.

There are several agencies that offer rent help for residents in Cameron County and the Brownsville area. The amount of money that is available to give out is not very large and often times it comes from the government or money that was raised from people who live in the area. If you are facing eviction, you should seek rental assistance as soon as possible. Other resources for relocation assistance may include help with security deposits so people can afford to move to a new property.

This means that there are more people who need help than there are resources available. In times of crisis, the process for applying for assistance with back rent can be expedited. There may also be housing services focused on helping disabled or senior citizens in Brownsville, Texas, as paying their rent and keeping them housed often take priority.

The Loaves and Fishes of the Rio Grande Valley is a social service agency that helps people in the Harlingen area. There may be emergency funding available for rent, energy costs, and other expenses. This can also include finding a safe place to stay, such as a shelter. If you need assistance, please call 956-423-1014.

If you are homeless and have a source of income, you can get shelter or funds for first months rent or a security deposit at the Good Neighbor Settlement House.

Catholic Charities in Brownsville, TX may be able to provide one-time assistance for mortgage or rent payments. For more information, please call 956-541-0220. A period of time must pass before a grant can be given. This charity provides help to those in need in the La Paloma, Brownsville, Los Fresnos, and Port Isabel Texas area.

The South Texas Adult Resource Training Center provides one-time funding or loans for rent to help prevent evictions. The main phone number for the center is 956-399-7818. They also offer the tenant budgeting and help with finding a job.

The “Valley Coalition For The Homeless” is a organization that is located at 5621 S Expressway 83 in Harlingen, TX 78550. This organization helps those who are homeless in the local area.

The Vera Naumann program provides financial assistance to families in Cameron County who are at risk of becoming homeless. The program helps pay for rent, utilities, and other necessary expenses so that families can stay in their homes. Furniture, rent assistance through no-interest loans, household goods, and more are available.

The MET in Brownsville provides motivation, education, and training specifically for migrants and farmworkers. It is located at 851 Old Alice Road, Brownsville, Texas 78520, and the phone number for information is 956-550-8545. There are many services available to help people with their housing needs, from security deposits to rent and shelter.

Emergency homeless prevention services help with finding and keeping a place to live. Cameron County area tenants can apply for grants to pay their rent or get free legal advice from an attorney. There is also financial help for immigrants who need assistance with housing, security and rental deposits. This could be rewritten as: This could be rewritten as: It is important to be able to read and understand a text in order to be able to effectively communicate with others.

The Salvation Army’s Harlingen, TX location is at 201 East Monroe Street, and the organization can be reached by telephone at 956-423-2454.

Cameron County – Texas Rio Grande Legal Aid is a program that provides legal assistance to senior citizens and low income families. If you are a tenant and have questions or problems with your rental property, a lawyer can help. Lawyers can help you apply for section 8 or other benefits, resolve tenant disputes, offer advice on security deposits, and more.

Casa de Proyecto Libertad is a place where immigrants can get low-cost legal advice on housing and other civil matters.

The Department of Family and Protective Services in Harlingen, Texas only provides assistance with rent for victims of domestic violence or those that live in unsafe housing. The primary phone number for assistance is 800-252-5400.

The Cameron County Housing Authority provides low-cost public housing and Section 8 programs to help families in need. They also have a Family Self-Sufficiency program to help families become more independent.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *