Assistance Program

Calvert County Salvation Army assistance programs.

The Salvation Army provides assistance to those in need through their Family Services program in Calvert County. This help may come in the form of food, clothing, or other necessities. There is support for a wide range of individuals, including those who are children, seniors, or working poor or unemployed. This Christian church-based charity not only provides people with essential needs like food and clothing, but they also offer financial assistance to help people with things like keeping a roof over their heads or paying their utility bills.

The Salvation Army of Calvert County has a few ways to fund itself. The Salvation Army raises money from the sale of donated goods, grants from the United Way of Maryland, and fundraisers held by local organizations. These funds are used to support programs and services for those in need.

These funding sources enable the charity to help clients. The Salvation Army in Calvert County can help people in many ways, such as providing food and clothing, or helping with utility bills. There are some needs that people have that are considered to be essential. Some basic needs that families require are access to food, shelter, electricity, and medical care. The money from the Salvation Army Family Services is used to help those in need.

This means that the food pantry and soup kitchen help people to get the food they need. If someone is not able to make it to the Calvert County Salvation Army center, volunteers may deliver a hot meal to them. The food pantry is a place where people can go to get food for free. However, it should only be used as a last resort.

There is often a demand for other expenses around housing or medical, but they are difficult to afford. The Salvation Army will only be able to provide help for utility bills, mortgage payments, or rent occasionally. This means that the Calvert County Salvation Army may not have enough money to pay for all the bills that come in, and they may need to rely on donations from the public to help them cover the costs.

In order to be eligible for financial assistance with rent or other bills, applicants must have a source of income. They need to be financially independent. won’t work. The income must come from a job. Benefits from programs like SSI disability or pension will not be accepted. The applicant also needs to contribute some of their own money for the rent or utilities. The Salvation Army will not pay the entire amount on their own.

There are also shelters and transitional housing programs available in specific regions. Most of them are living in communities that are next to each other. But homeless shelters don’t just provide a place for people to sleep. They also offer other services like meals, computer labs, and help finding programs like free day care.

Volunteers from the Salvation Army help keep the operation running in Calvert County. They are important to its success. There are many different tasks that rely on volunteers from the community. These tasks include working at the food pantry, delivering meals to homebound individuals, working at the thrift store, and responding to disasters. Volunteers may also mentor kids or offer after school day care.

There are other programs that can help the community in Calvert County. The Salvation Army is a charity that relies on volunteers and donations from the public to help those in need. The three biggest services are the Angel Tree or Adopt a Family Christmas toy/meal program, as well as free back-to-school shopping. Both of these will mostly benefit children from low-income families.

The Prince Frederick community provides donations that can be used to give children clothing, toys, presents, or school items. There is always a high demand for school supplies such as backpacks, shoes, belts, notebooks during the year. In order to achieve this goal, free items may be given to the children.

The Calvert County Salvation Army also provides other types of support. This list is not exhaustive. The center can be contacted at (410) 347-9944 for more information or referrals.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *