Rent Assistance

Shasta and Tehama rental assistance.

There are many agencies in the Redding area that can help you pay your rent. When looking for help, whether in the form of a grant or other financial aid, the amount of money available is limited because so many people are asking for it. The priority for giving out rent help will be to those who are working to become self-sufficient, with a focus on senior citizens and homes with children.

The process to apply for housing assistance is very long and detailed. The money for rent will be used to help find a more permanent and affordable place to live. In some cases, people may be given vouchers for emergency motel stays or no-interest loans for rent from the Shasta or Tehama County general assistance program. More information on these resources, as well as security deposit programs, can be found below.

Caring Choices is a program that helps people or households that have been impacted by HIV/AIDS. They provide assistance through different mediums such as phone, mail, or in person. Up to one months rental or energy assistance is available along with medications and more. This region also has low-income housing options.

The Salvation Army Center in Red Bluff is a non-profit organization that provides rent assistance to people in need. The amount of assistance is based on whether the organization has FEMA funds and if the person qualifies for the assistance. If this is the case, there might be grants to cover rent, places to stay, or even FEMA money to pay for a security deposit.

The Homeward Bound program is a military assistance program that helps military members or veterans and their families. There are many different types of financial aid available to help with things like emergency home repairs and housing expenses. Free help is available for tenants who are in danger of being kicked out of their homes.

If you are facing eviction in Northern California, the non-profit legal aid organization Legal Services of Northern California – Shasta Region may be able to help you. The organization provides free legal aid to low-income residents of the region. To find out if you qualify for assistance, you can call the organization at (530) 241-3565. Besides offering information on debt relief and disputes between landlords and tenants, they also provide guidance on other topics.

The Nevada County Catholic Social Services provides assistance to those in need in the form of food, shelter, and other programs. The organization is located at 175 Solano Street in Corning, CA and can be reached at 530-824-7670.

There may be a grant available to help with a security deposit or first month’s rent when the time is right. There are programs that can help with moving costs, or if a veteran is facing eviction, there are programs that can help with emergency rent.

There are emergency grants available from local non-profits. You can ask for referrals from people you know. There is financial assistance available for families who are low income. There are many forms of assistance available, from loans to help with rent, to referrals and clothing items for work. The goal is to prohibit evictions by providing rent, legal aid, and even deposit/utility assistance. Please call 866-963-8182.

St. Francis of St. Vincent de Paul is a church located on Juniper Avenue in Burney, CA. The church’s phone number is 530-335-2372.

Shasta County Community Action and Tehama County Community Action Agency may both offer information about grants from ESG and other services. If a family is struggling, the staff can help them apply for social services or move into a shelter. These organizations provide both financial assistance for housing or rent costs and case management services.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *