Assistance Program

Westar Energy assistance programs.

If you can’t pay your Westar Energy bills, contact the company to set up a payment extension or learn about other government assistance programs like LIHEAP. This program provides information and support to military children with a parent who has been injured or killed while serving. The DESERVE project is a resource for children of military personnel who have been killed or injured in the line of duty. The project provides information and support to these children.

Payment agreements and/or extensions can be made. If you owe Westar Energy money, you may be able to get help. However, the account can only fall behind by a maximum of 30 days. You can visit the website to see if you are eligible for a plan and to learn more about the program.

If you have a low income, or are qualified, you can enter into a 12 month payment plan. The customer needs to contact Westar Energy directly to set up the agreement in order to enter this particular form of bill paying assistance program.

Families in Kansas may be eligible to set up a payment plan for certain expenses. They will need to agree to making some form of payments, and the required amount due on each installment will need to be 1/12 of the total account balance. This means that your Westar Energy bill each month will be 1/12 of your account balance plus the current monthly bill. Paying your bills on time is important, and you can even pay them off early if you want. For more information, please call (800) 383-1183.

Westar customers who have very low incomes can also find out about government programs by contacting a community action agency or their social service office. There is a program called LIHEAP that can help pay for utility bills. This program can give you a credit on your account or a cash grant. The other major weatherization program available in Kansas is the Weatherization Assistance Program. Westar Energy offers minor updates or free energy conservation upgrades to homeowners who receive their power from Westar Energy and have older or less efficient homes.

Westar Energy Project DESERVE

The Project DESERVE Trust Fund was created by Westar Energy employees, their customers, and the Westar Energy Foundation working together. This organization was formed by both a private and non-profit organization, and assistance is offered for paying electric and other utility costs.

Project DESERVE is a local community project that relies on donations from the public. Funding comes from Westar Energy Foundation, local businesses, employees, and charities. Donations are always appreciated and any money given can be deducted from taxes.

This program helps families in Kansas who have a special need for assistance. The program has been very successful, and other states have even copied the way it is established.

The DESERVE project can help Kansas families in need. If you are 60 years or older, you can get help paying your electric bills. Help is available for people with a disability if they meet the Social Security’s disability requirements. Both of these groups of people may receive assistance with paying their heating, electric, and gas bills. You may be eligible to receive a one-time payment/cash grant of up to $300 per year from Westar Energy.

The program was recently given a $1 million dollar settlement to help fund it. If you qualify, you may receive up to $100 per year in cash grants as part of the settlement. The money will be used to pay for Westar Energy electric bills. The American Red Cross is partnering with Project DESERVE to help low-income households with emergency assistance. Project DESERVE will help to assess eligibility for assistance based on income and other factors.

If you would like to learn more about Project DESERVE or see if you are eligible to apply, you can contact Westar Energy at (800) 383-1183 or dial the Kansas United Way service at 21. Applicants can submit their applications in person. When calling, also be sure to ask about the LIHEAP federal government energy assistance program.

People can also get applications for the Red Cross at the local office in Reno County Kansas. They need to be returned to the Wichita Red Cross office. All applications need to be sent back in the first few days of the month.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *