Assistance programs in Freeborn County MN.

Organizations that provide help with bills

Some local nonprofit organizations can still help families who need assistance with rent, utilities, and other expenses. Both Semcac and the Salvation Army offer a variety of resources and services to those in need.

Crisis assistance

This is help that is available at some county contact centers run by Semcac. This assistance is limited to what is available in funding. The funds may help people through difficult times by providing them with things they need like motel vouchers, food, cash grants for energy bills, transportation, or other emergency needs that will help them be more independent. Other support services that will be provided include counseling and long-term support.

Dollars and Sense Money Management

Semcac provides another service in addition to the ones it already offers. This free, three-hour money management class will teach you about budgeting, credit cards, savings and spending, credit reports, debt settlement and debt reduction, identity theft, and credit repair.

The Energy Assistance Program

The government provides funding for this program, which is managed by Semcac and the Minnesota Department of Commerce. The energy bill assistance program provides cash grants and financial assistance to help cover a household’s winter heating bills. Both people who own homes and people who rent may apply for aid.

Housing and rental programs

Semcac may be able to help with preventing evictions or provide assistance if you have already been evicted, depending on available funding. One time assistance for paying rent or a mortgage payment may be offered. This help is only for a short time and is only meant to keep a family’s housing situation stable. It is necessary to provide case management and follow-up services.

Quick Read :  Raleigh area water bill assistance.

The shelter can also be used by homeless people in Freeborn County. Can provide stability, help with securing permanent housing, and ease the transition back into the community. Some other resources that might be available are free food, medical care, child care, and transportation.

The Rural Housing Assistance Program may provide financial assistance for your first month’s rent and/or security deposit. Other resources in the area for low income/homeless clients may include referrals, information, and advocacy. Payments for rent need to be continued by the client after Semcac assistance has been given.

The Weatherization Assistance Program

Another program that is offered by Semcac and is federally funded. The program provides free home improvement services to help reduce energy consumption and costs.

You can contact Semac at (507) 864-7741.

Albert Lea Salvation Army

The local branch has several programs to offer. They have a lot of programs to help people in the community, like a food pantry, after-school and summer day-care programs, free prescriptions, temporary shelter, rental and fuel assistance, and even debt and budget counseling.

To reach the Albert Lea Salvation Army, call 373-5710.

Emergency assistance, including rent and food

There are a few extra places you can go to for help in Freeborn County, Minnesota.

The First Presbyterian Church operates a food pantry that is free of charge. The center will be supplied with food from community drives, surplus government food, donations, state of Minnesota funding, and area churches. The store’s address is 308 Water Street, Albert Lea, MN, 56007 and the store’s phone number is (507) 373-2035.

Quick Read :  Cathedral Center charity assistance programs.

The Albert Lea Housing and Redevelopment Authority (HRA) has several different housing programs. The agency will have information on government-assisted housing for low-income individuals and families. The voucher / rent assistance program helps people with low incomes pay for housing. The agency’s goal is to provide affordable housing for low-income families and residents who meet the qualifications. The address is 800 Fourth Avenue South in Albert Lea, Minnesota. To speak to someone at the company, dial 507-377-4375.

If you need food assistance, you can call Channel One Food Bank & Food Shelf at (877) 500-8699. They help with programs like the Nutrition Assistance Program for Seniors (NAPS), which provides supplemental food, or the Mothers And Children (MAC) food program.

Leave a Reply