Assistance Program

Assistance programs in Loudon and Roane Tennessee.

A lot of churches, charities, non-profit organizations, and government agencies help people in Loudon and Roane Counties. There are programs that can help with paying rent, energy and utility bills, getting free food and health care, and services such as foreclosure and debt counseling. The options are listed below.

Financial help for bills, rent, housing, food and other critical expenses

The Volunteer Support Committee of Loudon Tennessee can offer qualified low income individuals with emergency financial assistance for rent payment once per year. For more information, you can call them at ((865) 458-4100.

The Good Samaritan Center of Loudon County has several locations throughout the area. To apply for rent help, call them at (865) 458-5541. This non-profit can also help with emergency expenses like rent and other bills. The center also has a food pantry.

If you are a resident of Greenback, TN, and are in need of assistance, you can call the Greenback Empty Stocking Fund at (865) 405-0219. The center provides one time cash grants and financial help for paying bills in the form of one time support for expenses such as water and electric bills, rent assistance and payments, mortgage, etc. This program provides cash grants of up to $250 to low-income people who meet the eligibility requirements.

Catholic Charities of East Tennessee provides food and other forms of limited assistance to those in need of help. They provide free counseling and information on debt and foreclosure prevention programs. Call 865-882-0558

The Salvation Army of Loudon County has a limited amount of emergency assistance available. There are certain requirements that must be met in order to be eligible for financial assistance with utility bills. The Salvation Army provides this help once every 12 months and no more than 3 times in a 5 year period.

After the Salvation Army deducts the amount they will voucher or aid, the individual or family must pay the full balance of the bills. The voucher will only be offered when the purchase is complete. Lenoir City is a city located in Tennessee in the southeastern United States. The city is located in Loudon County and is considered part of the Knoxville metropolitan area. Lenoir City is located along the Tennessee River and is home to a variety of businesses and industries. The city is also home to a number of schools and colleges, as well as a variety of parks and recreation facilities. Please call (865) 986-1692. In addition to the Salvation Army, there is also an emergency assistance office in Roane, TN. Call (865) 882-7711.

The non-profit provides financial assistance for utility deposits for homeless persons transitioning into permanent housing. Emergency assistance for medications and rent is also available.

The community action agency also offers LIHEAP, which is a grant program that helps low-income families pay for energy costs. Head Start is a program that provides early childhood education, health, and nutrition services to low-income children and families. The USDA offers free food commodities to people in need. The counselors can also help connect the homeowners to agencies that can help with things like reducing debt and repairing credit. Call the Kingston agency at (865) 654-0451.

The First Baptist Church of Kingston, located at 215 North Kentucky St, offers very limited financial assistance to Roane County residents in the form of vouchers for paying rent to prevent evictions, loan programs, and funds for utility or electric bills. The phone number is (865) 376-6041.

The New Life Family Worship Center church provides free food to those in need through their food bank. The store is open from 3:00pm to 6:00pm on Tuesday. This organization provides groceries, SNAP food stamp referrals, Christmas help, and referrals to financial aid for rent and energy bills. You may be offered the opportunity to participate in a survey. The address is 8735 Hwy 72 North, Loudon, Tennessee 37774. The phone number is (865) 458-5300.

Sliding fee health and medical care

Loudon Pediatric Clinic offers reduced cost health care for children up to age 18. To speak to a counselor or medical professional, call (865) 458-5666. Patients who are enrolled in TennCare are also accepted.

Food pantries in Loudon and Roane TN

Rockwood Ministerial Association provides free food and groceries to the low income and needy in the community. To reach the center, please call (865) 354-1750. They are located in Rockwood, Tennessee.

The South Harriman Baptist Church provides free food to residents of Roane County. To reach the person you are trying to contact, dial 865-882-1816.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *