Rent Assistance

Rental assistance Des Moines and Polk County

If you’re struggling to pay rent or need help with a security deposit or housing voucher in the Des Moines area, there are resources available to help you. Organizations that help the less fortunate, such as churches, work with the government and other non-profit groups to try to end homelessness in Polk County, Iowa. There may be grants from the federal government as well as direct financial aid from a charity that can be used to help pay for a portion of rent or security deposit that is due. Other agencies may provide free motel or hotel vouchers as well as legal help to tenants to stop an eviction.

There is a process in place for people who need immediate and emergency rental assistance, with a priority for vulnerable residents. This means that any funds for assisting with back rent, moving costs or other housing expenses will prioritize families with children, the disabled, single moms or seniors in Polk County. This means that we will be giving priority to applicants who have some sort of income, so that they can be more self-sufficient. In general, any financial aid paid out will only cover a part of the past-due rent or utilities. Churches that offer rental assistance provide help to people who are struggling to pay their rent. This assistance can be in the form of financial assistance or in-kind assistance, such as providing food or clothing.

Cross Ministries offers services to help people who are in danger of becoming homeless. The address is 3226 University Avenue, Des Moines, IA 50311. The company can help with finding places to live, whether it be an apartment, house, condo, etc. The rental assistance will be issued, and case management will be provided. The agency will also help with security and utility deposits for those who qualify from Polk County.

Some people use vouchers to help pay for things like rent or energy bills. Others might get a loan to help pay for a mortgage. The charity provides help to low-income people who are in a crisis. The homeless can have their rent deposit or moving costs paid. This is a telephone number.

The Des Moines Housing Services Department has a program called the Family Unification Program, as well as Section 8 HUD vouchers, including emergency ones. This non-profit will only help residents of Polk County that may have their family unit dissolved without aid. The government provides financial assistance for rent and section 8 vouchers, as well as information on public housing.

The location is also the home of the Des Moines Public Housing Authority. They focus on people who live in the city. There are many programs that can help you with finding a place to live if you are low income. Some of these programs include Section 8 HUD vouchers, low income public housing, shelters, and rent subsidized homes. Many people who are poor, seniors, single moms, or disabled often qualify for apartments that have rent that is based on their income. The address is 2309 Euclid Ave, Des Moines, IA 50310. To learn about vouchers, call (515) 323-8950.

The Central Iowa Regional Housing Authority provides section 8 vouchers and public housing in Grimes. The Grimes, Iowa 50111 government provides assistance to families in need, including help with self-sufficiency, home buying resources, and public housing. To reach someone for information, dial (515) 986-1882.

Polk County’s General Assistance program provides temporary financial assistance to eligible residents. The Polk County River Place in Des Moines, Iowa provides housing and other services to residents. The government can issue a loan to help with furniture, appliances or housing needs, such as rent or taxes. There is also aid for travelers who need help paying for their first month’s rent on an affordable home or apartment. The county can be reached by phone at (515) 286-2088.

The Iowa Finance Authority can provide financial aid, including rent assistance, for low income families who qualify for benefits such as SNAP or Medicaid. The address is 1963 Bell Ave, Des Moines, IA 50315. Emergency funds, grants, and referrals to utility bill help are offered to prevent evictions. Polk County residents with Medicaid waivers can call the government agency at (515) 452-0400 for help with renting.

The Polk County Commission of Veterans Affairs only provides assistance to veterans, their survivors, and military members. Emergency utility or rent assistance, as well as applications to VA benefits, are available at this location. They also assist disabled veterans by providing transitional housing. The non-profit organization’s phone number is (515) 286-3670 and the address is 2309 Euclid Ave, Des Moines, IA 50310.

Primary Health Care Homeless Support Services is a program that helps veterans with their housing needs. There is financial assistance available to help with mortgage or rent payments, grants to pay for storage costs, transportation, and more. The program is called Supportive Services for Veteran Families, or SSVF. It helps veterans and their families with things like housing, employment, and financial assistance. To reach someone by telephone at either (515) 248-1850 or (515) 248-1531. There are homeless shelters for veterans with a place to go, as well as free motel vouchers from 1200 University Avenue in Des Moines, Iowa.

Proteus Inc. Des Moines is an office located in Englewood Center, Des Moines, IA 50309. They help migrant and immigrant workers by providing them with housing and food. If you are struggling to pay your rent, there are organizations that can help. They can provide financial assistance and advice on your options. To reach customer service, please call (515) 271-5306 or (800) 372-6031.

IMPACT Community Action Partnership has several offices in Polk County, as listed below. The non-profit helps people who are struggling to pay rent, homeowners, and low-income families. There are programs that can provide grants for back rent, mortgage or utility payments, job programs, and information on landlord-tenant mediation and other social services. The address for the program is 500 Army Post Road, Des Moines, Iowa 50315. Please call West Des Moines Human Services at 515-274-9496 for more information about their services. The main number for Red Rock Area Community Action is 515-222-3660. This organization is also a part of Impact. The address is 2701 SE Convenience Blvd, Ankeny, IA 50021. Call the number (515) 965-0433. The Eviction Counseling Grant provides financial assistance to low-income individuals who have received eviction notices and are in danger of becoming homeless. The Back Rent Grant helps low-income families who have fallen behind on their rent and are at risk of being evicted. The federal government offers ESG grants, loans for rent or mortgage payments, job resources, and other housing solutions for Polk County residents. They can be contacted at (515) 222-3186. Red Rock Community Action is providing additional help with rent. Salvation Army Family Services is located at 400 NW 100th St, Clive, IA 50325 and can be contacted at (515) 222-3186 for more information. To reach the customer service line for the company, dial 515-282-3599. An appointment is needed. There are programs that can help with things like a place to stay during winter, money for a security deposit, or help with paying rent. Non-profits help people who struggle with housing costs, including low-income earners, single mothers, and the elderly. This assistance may include help with rent payments and moving costs. Eligibility requirements are the same as for Polk County, and appointments are required; contact St. Vincent De Paul Society. The St. Vincent De Paul Society in Des Moines provides general relief assistance to clients in need, regardless of religion. Eligibility requirements and appointments are the same as for Polk County. The needs of immigrants for housing are also taken care of. One time, emergency rent help is combined with heating assistance and more. This means that you may be able to get help with your rent and heating bills in one go. The parish is located at 1426 Sixth Avenue, Des Moines, Iowa 50314-2801. The resource center provides a broad range of services to parents, families and community members. The resource center can be reached at (515) 282-8327.If you need help finding resources, you can call the Central Place Family Resource & Community Education Center at (515) 282-8327. The resource center is located at 6540 NE 12th Avenue, Pleasant Hill, Iowa 50327, and it provides a variety of services to parents, families, and community members. The phone number is 515-266-6795. Emergency financial assistance for housing, schooling, and related supplies and services. They work to help people who are struggling to keep a roof over their head. This includes children, students, single moms, and low income families. The Iowa Legal Aid organization provides financial assistance for rent or utilities to qualifying individuals in need. Their address is 317 7th Avenue SE, Cedar Rapids, IA 52401. Attorneys can give you advice on how to avoid being evicted. There are organizations that can help with applying for public housing, free legal aid to solve discrimination, and other support. There are resources available to help low-income and elderly renters who are facing eviction, including free eviction defense. West Des Moines Human Services offers homeless prevention and rapid rehousing assistance, which can help with things like rent payments, deposits, and application fees. Where can I find low income apartments in Polk County? The address is 139 Sixth Street in West Des Moines, Iowa. The office provides services such as single family housing, business and industry loan guarantees, and infrastructure development. You can call them at (515) 222-3660 or find more details on their website. The address 210 Walnut Street, Des Moines, IA 50309 is associated with a variety of services that can be helpful to people in need, including housing, employment, and government financial assistance. If you need assistance from Indianola First United Methodist Church, please call their main number at (515) 284-4663. They only support individuals or families in the Indianola area. The307 West Ashland Avenue, Indianola, IA 50125 may offer help with rent, water, or utility bills to prevent evictions. To reach the customer service line for US Bank, dial (515) 961-5317. Aging Resources of Central Iowa provides assistance to Polk County residents. Call the number (515) 255-1310 Some financial assistance may be available to help cover the costs of rent, a mortgage, or property taxes for senior citizens. The non-profit also has programs to help those in need. There may be financial aid available for things like back rent, housing repairs, or something else. The main non-profit organization is located at 5835 Grand Avenue in Des Moines, Iowa. The Eddie Davis Community Center may have limited funding available to help with rent payments. The agency is located at 1312 Maple St., West Des Moines, Iowa 50265. If you need help with things like food, clothing, or shelter, please call our office at (515) 277-1103 to speak with someone who can help.If you are in need of assistance with food, clothing, or shelter, please call our office at (515) 277-1103 to speak with someone who can help. The church may offer a few dollars for back rent, free furniture for low-income tenants, food and other services to those in need. There is also legal help and immigration services from (515) 262-7290

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *