Rent Assistance

Find help with rent in Henry County Georgia.

The Henry County Georgia Housing Authority offers a Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher program to help low-income families, the elderly, and the disabled afford safe and clean housing. There are many organizations that help with housing needs, such as security deposits, rent, eviction prevention, and transitional housing. These organizations are either non-profits, charities, or government supported agencies.

Each of these organizations may also provide other emergency financial assistance. There are other options than just rent assistance. They may give out free furniture, help with energy bills, or help pay for moving costs. There are also government programs that can help with rent, like ESG grants, Homeless Prevention, or Rapid Rehousing. Some of the Henry County agencies offer loans or short term funds for paying back rent or a mortgage, but that money will need to be used for repairs. For more information on how and where to apply, please see the details below.

The Salvation Army of Henry County has a thrift store where you can buy furniture and household supplies at a low cost, as well as get financial help. Money that is given to someone to help them pay for their rent, security deposit, or utility bills. There is also a homeless shelter for senior citizens. Rental assistance is also available for immigrants and Spanish speakers. The location is at 401 Racetrack Road in McDonough, Georgia. This is the main phone number: 770-957-8868. There are other resources from the faith based charity, or find additional housing assistance from Henry County Salvation Army.

The Community Services Authority of Henry and Clayton County is a regional non-profit organization that provides social and human services to the residents of Henry and Clayton Counties. They offer some funds to Henry County residents for their rent as well. Please call the following number for assistance: 404-363-0575. You must go to the organization’s location to apply for this. The majority of assistance goes to those who are most vulnerable in society- seniors, single mothers, the low income, veterans, or the disabled.

The Samaritans Together of Henry County and Society of Saint Vincent offer housing solutions for those in need. Donations fund Samaritans Together’s financial aid programs so they can provide help to those in need. To reach the customer service line for the company, dial 678-565-6526.

Jewish Family & Career Services is a non-profit organization that provides services to the Jewish community. The focus of this research is on the elderly. Other services that may be offered include help with rent, mortgage, and home care. The Jewish community is given priority. Please call 770-677-9300.

The lawyers in Henry County also provide free legal assistance to prevent evictions. They help minorities, immigrants, and the poor with housing discrimination or access issues. Other legal aid can include help with landlord-tenant disputes, employment issues, applications for Social Security disability benefits or section 8 rent subsidies, and more. If you are in need of legal assistance, you can call the McDonough Legal Aid Society at (404) 524-5811 or the Free Georgia Legal Services Program at (404) 894-7707.

If you live in Henry County and have HIV or AIDS, you can go to the Living Room Ponce De Leon Center for help. There are programs that can help with costs like rent, healthcare, mortgages, and food. This charity provides financial assistance to people living with HIV/AIDS so they can maintain stable housing. The address is 341 Ponce de Leon Avenue in Atlanta, GA. To reach the non-profit, call 404-616-6332.

The McDonough Housing Authority is responsible for providing low to moderate income housing units and apartments. They are a partner with Georgia Community Services on the section 8 HCV program, which helps subsidize rent. They also focus on self-sufficiency from their office at 345 Simpson Street, McDonough, GA 30253. Call 770-957-4494.

The United Methodist Children’s Home offers housing and shelter for homeless families or single parents with children under the age of 17. Some companies may offer to pay for rent or water deposits in rare cases. To reach customer service, please dial 404-327-5870 or (404) 327-5820. They offer services in Decatur, but also cover Henry County.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *