Hennepin County and Metropolitan Agency on Aging senior assistance.

The Minneapolis, or Metropolitan, Agency on Aging is one of the local organizations that is involved in caring for the senior population in Hennepin County. This organization provides services and programs for seniors that help them live independently and with dignity. They often recommend other businesses or services to their clients. The staff can often help a client find resources such as Prescription Assistance or the Senior Community Service Employment Program. More help will be given to seniors so they can use these services.

Referral and enrollment services help clients access non-profit and government health care programs, like Medicare or community clinics. There are also other financial support systems such as LIHEAP, home repairs, and many others. Dozens of clients are referred to us each month.

The Agency on Aging that supports Hennepin County has information on how to get food from local food pantries and rental assistance programs. They can also give you details on how to apply for food stamps. The office can also help seniors apply for disability or unemployment income in Minnesota. Other places you can go for help are places that give you a place to stay for a little while, places where you can keep learning, and places where you can get help with your health and teeth for not a lot of money or even for free.

Find help from Minneapolis Agency on Aging medical programs

Discounted prescriptions are available. The program connects people who have diseases with organizations that either help fund research for the disease or are companies that produce medication for the disease. Many programs offer some form of financial assistance for low-income people to help them afford prescription medications.

Quick Read :  Assistance programs Shasta County.

These programs provide access to affordable or even free medications, medical supplies, disease management education and other resources to those who are low income. There is also assistance available from the Minneapolis Agency for those who are uninsured or under-insured. Some require a certain age, some a certain type of cancer, and some a certain stage of cancer. Different manufacturers or disease foundations have different eligibility criteria. Some require a certain age, some require a certain type of cancer, and some require a certain stage of cancer.

There will be other forms to fill out, as well as needing other documentation. The application process for this program can be confusing and complex, so the staff at the Metropolitan Area Agency on Aging can help you with the process. The Minneapolis Agency on Aging site and their advocacy center helps senior citizens who have difficulty navigating these particular systems or who are not aware of them.

The Metropolitan Area Agency on Aging is a organization that helps elderly people with both their medical and dental care needs. The volunteers and case managers work together to figure out what the organization can do to meet the client’s immediate needs and prevent any further deterioration of their mental, physical, or oral health. This program helps people with needs such as applying for prescriptions, eye exams/eyeglasses, emergency dental care, housing for medical purposes, and hearing aids.

The Hennepin County Area Agency on Aging offers Medicare and Medicaid counseling from staff who are trained to help clients use these federal benefits. There are many details of Medicare and Medicaid, and counselors can provide information about them. This means that the organization can help with things such as standing up for the client, finding information, and enrolling them in programs.

Quick Read :  Fairfield County public assistance and aid.

Additional Metropolitan Area Agency on Aging services

The Senior Community Service Employment Program (SCSEP) provides opportunities for low-income seniors to earn income and gain skills by working in their communities. The program is offered as part of the Older Americans Act. The staff will help older individuals who want to re-enter the job market to find a position. Those over the age of 55 and who are legally eligible to work in Hennepin County may receive assistance. Priority for service is given to seniors who have a disability, limited English proficiency, low literacy skills, are homeless, or are veterans.

Individuals who are elderly or have a disability can apply for home repair assistance. Volunteers may do some light work for clients who cannot afford to pay for the service, but most clients will not be charged any interest on their loans. This fund can be used to help with roof work, installing disability ramps, and similar needs.

Both home-bound and more mobile individuals can get congregate and home delivered meals. The elderly will have a place to come together to eat and talk with other people their age. If someone cannot make it to a store or site, then arrangements can be made for the item to be delivered to their home. Other support include getting help with transportation, having someone come to your house to help with chores, learning about nutrition, and applying for programs that give you food. Any donation, no matter how small, is appreciated and encouraged for any type of food program.

Quick Read :  Southern California Edison assistance programs.

Financial assistance is available through LIHEAP. The Metropolitan, Agency on Aging can help families apply for a federally funded program that provides financial assistance to income-eligible households that are behind on their heating or utility payments. There are also emergency grants to pay utility bills for those who have had their power disconnected, are in danger of having their power disconnected, or have less than ten days’ worth of fuel. Senior citizens can apply for LIHEAP before the general population, providing there are funds available.

A phone number has been created for people in the Twin Cities region to call with questions or concerns. If you would like to know what resources are available for seniors, please dial 1-800-333-2433.

Leave a Reply