Assistance Program

Alabama disability benefits and financial assistance programs.

There are organizations in Alabama that can help people with disabilities, both government and non-profit. Services are offered to help individuals and families get the assistance they need. Some benefits that might be available to those who qualify are free food, medical care, respite, and direct financial aid. Residents with low incomes and disabilities will also be able to apply for any federal government cash assistance, and find assistance programs and phone numbers for the disabled below.

There are several places where you can go to for information and help if you need assistance with government grants. The staff from these agencies will also help the disabled, their family members, and caretakers to get the assistance they need. If the office can’t help you, they may be able to give you referrals to other places that can.

The Department of Mental Health and Mental Retardation’s Division of Intellectual Disability Services provides services to residents with an intellectual disability that are both specialized and generic. This division will also help the members of their immediate family and address their specific needs.

The benefits of the 211 information and referral program include having a case manager to help connect you with the resources you need, getting referrals to specialized programs or services, and having access to information about programs and services in your community. A team of specialists helps disabled people with medical needs, behavioral problems, psychiatric problems, and free dental services. There are several offices located throughout Alabama.

The department also provides clients with a wide range of social services and assistance programs. The aid is for people with intellectual disabilities and their families. This includes help with things like education, employment, and daily living. The state of Alabama has contracts with non-profit organizations, medical providers and local offices to provide most of these services.

There may be additional services and benefits available for people with intellectual disabilities, such as information and referral services, free medical care, case management, and home delivered meals. They also collaborate with families, service providers, and other non-profit organizations. The address is 100 North Union Street, Montgomery, AL 36130. Please call 1-800-367-0955.

The Division of Mental Illness Services provides access to treatment and support services through state-operated facilities and hospitals. The staff is responsible for ensuring the quality of care throughout the continuum of care. They manage the indigent drug program, can also provide certifications, and arrange other aid. To reach customer service for this company, please call 1-800-367-0955.

The state of Alabama has a Department of Human Services that provides cash assistance, grants, and financial aid to people in need. This is for people with disabilities who have low incomes, as set by the federal government and state governments. Some of these assistance programs are run in partnership with local social service offices or non-profit community action agencies. This means that they receive help from these organizations in order to provide assistance to those who need it.

Those who meet income limits may be eligible for government benefits, such as SNAP food stamps. The Alabama Family Assistance Program provides temporary financial assistance to eligible residents. There is a government program called LIHEAP that gives people money to help pay their energy bills. The Section 811 voucher program may offer rent and housing assistance. In order to be eligible for certain resources, applicants must have low incomes. A priority for any government funds is to help those who are disabled. Please call (334) 242-1310.

The Alabama Office of Deaf Services has specialists and regional coordinators who specialize in working with clients who are hard of hearing or deaf. Many benefits are available at community hospitals and mental health centers.

The coordinators at the Office of Deaf Services are the people you should talk to first. There are Group Homes in Mobile and Birmingham Alabama that provide care for people who are not able to live independently. These Group Homes offer a variety of services such as 24-hour supervision, meals, and transportation. Mental health specialists will also work with those that have a mental illness.

The deaf community in Alabama is provided with assistance to help them live independently. The regional staff also coordinates admissions to homes and hospitals in partnership with mental health centers. Clinical Training will provide deaf and hard of hearing people with information about programs offered by non-profit organizations and government agencies. This is a phone number.

The Department of Rehabilitation Services (ADRS) is a government organization that provides assistance and resources to people with disabilities. The organization is made up of both federal and state programs. They offer a range of services for people with disabilities who live in Alabama. The 4 main assistance programs run by ADRS are: -Children’s Rehabilitation Service -State of Alabama Independent Living/Homebound Service -Rehabilitation Service -Alabama’s Early Intervention System

The department helps Alabamians with disabilities to become independent by providing employment and job training. Vocational services help disabled people learn the skills they need to get a job and keep it. This may include training in specific occupations, help in finding a job, and support to keep the job. ADRS supports people in middle schools, junior colleges, high schools and universities by providing additional resources.

The Assistive Technology Act program in Alabama, called STAR, is managed by the Department of Rehabilitation Services. This program is funded by the Rehabilitation Services Administration, which is part of the federal government.

The technology that is available to help people with disabilities is important because it allows them to live and work independently. Specialists in Alabama also use technology to solve rehabilitation problems. They can help people with disabilities in many different aspects of their lives, including transportation, employment, education, independent living, recreation, and rehabilitation. It can help people with their work, school and local community. Rehabilitation services specialists help people with computers, job accommodations, educational technology and home modifications.

The main goal of the Alabama Children’s Rehabilitation Service is to provide high-quality medical, rehabilitative, and coordination services to children with special needs and their families. There are many different types of people who work at CRS to help children, including nurses, physicians, social workers, physical therapists, speech-language pathologists, administrators, audiologists, occupational therapists, secretaries, and registered dietitians.

These are just a few examples of other services that are available to those with disabilities, in addition to the ones that have already been mentioned. These services can help to further assess the needs of the individual, as well as provide them with the necessary tools and resources to help them lead a more independent life. Individuals must have a physical or mental impairment that limits their ability to work in order to be eligible for benefits from Rehabilitation Services. If you need to reach the department, you can call them at 800-441-7607.

The Alabama Department of Senior Services oversees programs that provide assistance to both the elderly and people with disabilities. This office is also known as the Aging and Disability Resource Center. Some examples of assistance programs and benefits that are available to people include free legal assistance, caregiver assistance, health insurance counseling, Medicaid waiver, job training, Medicare fraud prevention, nutrition and wellness, personal choices, vocational support, and SenioRx/wellness.

Specialists give people information about government and non-profit services, programs, and solutions for disability and long-term care issues. This can include things like where someone with a disability lives, their job and training opportunities, health care, help from the government with things like maintaining their home and getting enough to eat, and other programs that are paid for by the government.

The ADRC provides clients with information about the different options available for long-term care. This means that staff can help you to find resources and support that will help you to be healthy and safe. Benefits Counseling is a service that provides accurate and current information about non-profit private and public benefits or programs that a person may qualify to receive. Specialists and case managers can help you with Medicare, Social Security, and other benefit applications.

Crisis Support is for people who are in danger of losing their home or being disconnected from utilities. ADRC Specialists will help you find the resources you need in an emergency situation.

CARES is a program that provides support for caregivers of family members who are ill or have a disability. Government funding and grants help families pay for care so that their loved ones can stay at home for a longer period of time. This company provides services and assistance to caregivers to help them with the important and critical duties involved in taking care of their disabled loved ones.

Additional Alabama organizations that help people with a disability

A list of organizations that offer grants, assistance programs, and other services can be found below. The program also allows households across Alabama to keep their loved ones living at home for as long as possible, which can prevent or delay nursing home placement. Caregivers can get help from a counselor, a break from caregiving, information on government resources, and extra services. If you need assistance with disabilities or senior services, please call 1-800-243-5463.

The Alabama Council For Developmental Disabilities is a state organization that helps people with developmental disabilities. They have a toll-free number that you can call for help.

The Alabama Department of Education is responsible for the education of children in the state of Alabama. The department is headquartered in Montgomery, and has a staff of over 200 employees. The department’s mission is to provide all children in Alabama with a quality education that will prepare them for success in life.

The Office of Deaf Services at the Department of Mental Health and Mental Retardation provides support and resources for people who are deaf or hard of hearing. The office is located at 100 North Union Street in Montgomery, Alabama, and can be reached by phone at 1-800-367-0955.

TDD 334-206-5687The Alabama Department of Rehabilitation Services provides support and resources for people with disabilities so that they can lead independent and productive lives. The agency’s main office is located in Montgomery, and there is also a toll-free number for people to call with questions or concerns.

or (205) 348-4928Voice/TDD: (334) 206-5618Fax: (334) 206-5644The ADAP is a program that helps people with disabilities in Alabama. It provides advocacy and legal services to help people with disabilities get the services and supports they need.

Voice/TDDThe Governor’s Office On Disability is located at 560 South Lawrence Street, Montgomery, AL 36104. The office can be contacted by phone at (334) 293-7189, or by TDD at the same number.

Local phone: (205) 949-3070The Alabama Head Injury Foundation is a non-profit organization that provides resources and support for people with brain injuries and their families. They offer a variety of services, including a 24/7 helpline, support groups, and case management. They also provide information and resources on brain injury prevention.

The Alabama Institute for Deaf and Blind is located at 205 South Street in Talladega, AL. The main phone number for the institute is (256) 761-3200.

The Alabama Medicaid Agency is responsible for providing medical assistance to low-income residents of the state of Alabama. The agency is located at 501 Dexter Avenue in Montgomery, Alabama, and can be reached by phone at (334) 242-5000.

The Alabama Special Needs Population Program is a state program that provides funding for health care and other services to people with disabilities.

The National MS Society’s Alabama-Mississippi Chapter is located at 3840 Ridgeway Drive in Birmingham, AL. The Chapter can be reached at (205) 879-8881.

The address of Mobile24 is 2424 Gordon Smith Drive, Mobile, AL 36617. The main phone number is (251) 479-7409.

The Autism Society of Alabama strives to improve the lives of all affected by autism in the state of Alabama through advocacy, support, education, and collaboration.

The Independent Living Center Mobile is a place where people can go to get help with living expenses. They offer a variety of services, including help with rent, utilities, and food. They also have a program for people who need help with transportation.

The main address for the Paralyzed Veterans of America Montgomery Regional Office is 345 Perry Hill Road, Room 1-123, Montgomery, AL 36109. The office’s main phone number is (334) 213-3433.

The Spina Bifida Association of Alabama provides resources and support for people with spina bifida and their families. They can be contacted by phone or mail.

This is the address and phone number for the United Cerebral Palsy of Mobile.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *